Hello from Lancashire!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Falllingdownwater

Reaction score
Evening all! Long time lurker here. I'm relatively new to home brew although I'm one of those 'grow your own food and make your own jam' sustainable eating sort of nerds. I currently have the following on the go:

Beetroot, parsnip, cherry, ginger (my brother wanted me to try an recreate old Scottish Granny's ginger 'wine' but alcoholic so I'm experimenting with actual ginger instead of ginger wine syrup) and orange. I also have an orange melomel sat in a cupboard.

In terms of beer I have a Ritchies Simply Gluten Free pale ale kit waiting for me to have a crack at.

I've already learned a lot reading through this forum, so thanks folks!

Hi!
Welcome to the forum.
We are a very nice bunch - even to folk from Lancashire :laugh2:

Haha! Now I never said I was from Lancashire, just that I've ended up here :p

Welcome to the Forum. :thumb:
I can recommend Pea-Pod Wine, but you have to be prepared to wait for a couple of years for it to mature! :gulp:

Thanks! I have a big shelving system in the garage that I can abandon bottles in for a few years. Last year was rubbish for peas for me but hopefully this year I can give that a go!

Peopod wine always reminds me of the comedy the good life.

My parents literally answer the phone to me with either 'how's thing on The Good Life?' or just straight up 'no we don't need any more chutney but ta'.

Ah good old "Chutney". The last resort for a Home Producer to get rid of his produce this side of the bin! :laugh:
I once worked at a place where all of my Shift was fed up with their wive's sandwiches! We were all long term married men so we knew that complaining to the wives was not an option. You know the routine:
DAY ONE
Full of love and recently married she asks "What do you want in your sandwiches?"
"Oh, anything. Jam, cheese, tomatoes. Just about anything." you reply.
DAY TWO
You open up your snap-tin at work and discover a sandwich of Jam, another of Cheese and a third one of Tomato. You are well pleased.
DAY THREE HUNDRED
You open up your snap-tin at work and yet again, discover a sandwich of Jam, another of Cheese and a third one of Tomato. You decide to raise the matter.
DAY THREE HUNDRED AND ONE
You say to the wife "I'm getting a bit fed up with the same sandwiches. Any chance of having something different like Tuna or Egg or Ham?"
The response is ALWAYS either a tearful "But you said you liked Jam, Cheese and Tomato!" or a snarled "You can always do it yourself."
Either way you are well and truly screwed so you back off and go out to the garage to brew more beer; knowing that you have just given up sex for a month!
DAY THREE HUNDRED AND TWO
You open up your snap-tin at work and discover a sandwich of Tuna, another of Egg and a third one of Ham. You are well pleased despite the looming lack of love in your marriage.
DAY FIVE HUNDRED
You open up your snap-tin at work and discover, yet again, a sandwich of Tuna, another of Egg and a third one of Ham.:headbang:
I will continue with my story!
As I said, we were all long time married men so we decided to just pool our sandwiches rather than complain. That way we at least had a multiple choice of exactly the same 15 varieties of sandwich. :thumb:
All went well until the "Tomato Sandwich" lad came in with a Tomato Sandwich decorated with Green Tomato Chutney. His wife had apparently produced tons of tomatoes in their conservatory and had half a ton of chutney to get rid of.

After a week of Tomato and Tomato Chutney Sandwiches, Brian took one for the Team, complained to his wife, gave up sex for a month and we got back to ordinary Tomato Sandwiches as a result ...
... but we all had to accept a huge jar of Green Tomato Chutney as a "Gift" from his wife! :headbang:
Happy Days! :thumb:

Hi Dutto, ungrateful sods the lot of you :p (I joke of course but may the record show my green tomato chutney is the stuff of legend)

Back