Hello from Melbourne...soon to be blighty

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wobbly74

Reaction score
Hello all. I'm a brewer currently in Melbourne but will most likely be relocating to London for a couple of years with work. Been back brewing a couple of years and like to tinker, and I'm looking to bring selective parts of my system over via shipping (airfreight with other stuff).

I'm not going to ship the whole lot over (fridges probably a mite too heavy...) so will need to buy some stuff in the uk when I arrive. I'm thinking I'll bring over my 58L keggle - running a 4500 watt element but I can disconnect 2 of the poles of the 3 ring element to run it at 3000w - as well as pump, raspberry pi control box, hoses, mash basket, stainless fittings etc but pick up cheap second hand fridges, sparge urn, etc when I get over.

Before I pack everything else up, is there anything particularly hard/expensive to get in the uk I should think about? Where do most people buy their brewery equipment from? We're pretty spoilt for choice down here between kegking and kegland.

Cheers all!

Attachments

• 33DCA9F3-7EC1-4C6A-9AE2-D10A9AC0B5B7.jpeg
    33DCA9F3-7EC1-4C6A-9AE2-D10A9AC0B5B7.jpeg
    35.1 KB · Views: 68
Hello all. I'm a brewer currently in Melbourne but will most likely be relocating to London for a couple of years with work. Been back brewing a couple of years and like to tinker, and I'm looking to bring selective parts of my system over via shipping (airfreight with other stuff).

I'm not going to ship the whole lot over (fridges probably a mite too heavy...) so will need to buy some stuff in the uk when I arrive. I'm thinking I'll bring over my 58L keggle - running a 4500 watt element but I can disconnect 2 of the poles of the 3 ring element to run it at 3000w - as well as pump, raspberry pi control box, hoses, mash basket, stainless fittings etc but pick up cheap second hand fridges, sparge urn, etc when I get over.

Before I pack everything else up, is there anything particularly hard/expensive to get in the uk I should think about? Where do most people buy their brewery equipment from? We're pretty spoilt for choice down here between kegking and kegland.

Cheers all!
Welcome, Wobbly. I was reading the continuing jokes thread on aussiehomebrewer.com last night and was in stitches over the ballerina joke and the one about the three guys who died on Christmas Eve. Depends what you mean by equipment. Check out The Malt Miller and Brew UK to see what's available and then shop around, would be my advice. For grains, hops etc, check out the homebrewcompany, too. But there are others, like geterbrewed. Depends what you're after.
Got a recipe for VB?

Cornies are at least 3 times the price over here as they are in Australia. So basically just fill a shipping container with them and sell them on here! Although we tend to have ball lock rather than pin lock here. Anything made from stainless steel tends to be a bit spenny too.

We're pretty good for grain, hops and yeast over here.

Latest posts

Back