Hello from Scotland

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee111

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just thought I would introduce myself. My name is Lee and I am from the east of Scotland. I am completely new to brewing and have zero experience.

I picked myself up a starter kit and a cooper mexican cerveza to start off with. I started this on Friday after stalking this form for tips. I am looking at leaving it 10 - 14 days before I bottle it. I am still unsure if I should use one or two carbonation drops for a 500ml PET bottles. I guess this is down to personal preference.

My next batch is going to be coopers pale ale, I will probably start this in a few weeks.

At the moment I am sticking with extracts until I get used to brewing. If any of you know any good extracts to use please feel free to let me know.

Any hints and tips are welcome.

Thanks

Lee

Last edited:
Hi Lee. Welcome.
I'd go with one carb drop per bottle, it's a right pain if it's too fizzy, goes everywhere but the glass and stirs up the yeast sediment. I also pour into a large jug with plenty of head space just to be sure

Welcome

Where in the east of Scotland are you? Assume from your avatar you are either Fife or Edinburgh?

Hi Lee. Welcome.
I'd go with one carb drop per bottle, it's a right pain if it's too fizzy, goes everywhere but the glass and stirs up the yeast sediment. I also pour into a large jug with plenty of head space just to be sure

Thanks for the advice 👍

Lee

Yup not far at all. I just hope you're not a Dundee Stars fan :laugh8:
Haha, I’ve not been to an ice hockey game for a long long time. I actually used to work in the kitchen at Dundee Ice Arena when I was 16/17 and used to serve the Stars players their post-match lasagne.

Haha, I’ve not been to an ice hockey game for a long long time. I actually used to work in the kitchen at Dundee Ice Arena when I was 16/17 and used to serve the Stars players their post-match lasagne.

The last time I was in FIA the fire alarm went off and we all had to evacuate the building. Getting out that carpark after a game is a nightmare.

Hi everyone,

Just thought I would introduce myself. My name is Lee and I am from the east of Scotland. I am completely new to brewing and have zero experience.

I picked myself up a starter kit and a cooper mexican cerveza to start off with. I started this on Friday after stalking this form for tips. I am looking at leaving it 10 - 14 days before I bottle it. I am still unsure if I should use one or two carbonation drops for a 500ml PET bottles. I guess this is down to personal preference.

My next batch is going to be coopers pale ale, I will probably start this in a few weeks.

At the moment I am sticking with extracts until I get used to brewing. If any of you know any good extracts to use please feel free to let me know.

Any hints and tips are welcome.

Thanks

Lee

I used to carb drops in this kit and would say it was less fizzy than the likes of Corona so I certainly wouldnt fear using two. And that was with the FG finishing a little high compared to what it was meant to be.

If you like fizzy lager use two

I used to carb drops in this kit and would say it was less fizzy than the likes of Corona so I certainly wouldnt fear using two. And that was with the FG finishing a little high compared to what it was meant to be.

If you like fizzy lager use two

Thanks for the advice. I do like a good bit of fizz. I think I will do half 1 drop and half 2 drops. That way I will know for future. I guess I was just making sure the two drops wouldn’t break the bottles.

Thanks

Back