Hello from Southgate, London.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benjamin_B

Resident Village Philosopher
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm very happy to have found this community.

I'm Benjamin, a writer and editor in Southgate in North London.

I started brewing this spring with a starter kit from the Brooklyn Brew Shop, and I've really enjoyed gradually learning more while expanding equipment, recipes with new batches.

So far I've produced ten batches -- all various, not all successful, but continuing to learn. Some straight up ales, lagers, wheat beers and an IPA worked well. Two porter batches came out well. I did a mango beer (not bad) and a berry beer (very alcoholic, and for some reason, little flavour?).

My first "original recipe" is a smoked porter with black cardamom added, softened with oatmeal. It's still conditioning, but smells great so far. I hope this will be good with BBQs.

I'm also experimenting with cider and I hope the apples from my garden will work for that.

Lastly, a few questions (and with apologies if I haven't seen the answers yet):

* Are there any homebrew clubs in North London?

* I'm growing fresh hops -- and would like to make a fresh hop beer very soon now the cones are nearly ready. Can anyone recommend a good recipe specifically for fresh hops?

* Has anyone migrated from home beer production to selling bottles in local marketplaces?

All best wishes,

Benjamin

Welcome, sorry for moving the thread just thought I would put it where people may see it better

What hops you growing?

I got two plants from a farm in Kent, one Progress and one Challenger.

I admit I can't tell them apart now !

Latest posts

Back