Hello from The Forest Of Dean

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scrumpyjack

Reaction score
Hello fellow drinkers.
After years of Cider making ( which still continues ) I find my tastes are changing and after a friends introduction to some beer made from a kit and far to many pints of "Doombar" down the local I've taken the plunge and started brewing beers from kits avaliable from my local garden centre.
First off was a Coopers "real ale" followed the instructions on the can bottled it in 2lt pop bottles, mistake number 1 made it needed longer in the FV than the instructions said, but after a month in the bottles its a very nice pint, pleased as punch.
Second brew which is still in the FV is a Better Brew " northern brown " been in the FV for 2 weeks have taken a reading and 1.011 if its still the same tomorrow then that will be bottled this time in 500ml PET bottles.
Also I started a Coopers " stout" yesterday as per the can except replaced 500g of the brewing sugar with dark spray malt. We'll have to wait and see.
Probably rambled on a touch, looking forward to the chat and any advice which you seasoned brewers have to offer.
Cheers :cheers:

Latest posts

Back