Hello Windows 8.....bye Windows 8

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbo

Regular.
Reaction score
I bought a new note book from PC World this morning.......Took it back this afternoon and got my money refunded.

I had absolutely no idea what to do with the computer. Windows 8 is too far advanced for me and I'm glad to see the back of it.....a total headache.

Hi

To be fair a lot of people are getting confused with windows 8.

I know a lot of people who have gone back to windows xp because its faster than all the new operating systems lol.

dave

My sister did the same :wha: Not "advanced" more like retarded if you ask me.(the system not my sister) Reminds me of the old saying " A camel is a horse designed by a committee". :D

W8 is OK on a smartphone with a touchscreen, total rub anywhere else.
Took me 2 weeks of 1 hours sessions to get the MiL's new PC into a state where she could use it.
If I'd had a licence code handy I'd have put XP or 7 on it, or even Vista.
I liked 2000...

The note book was one of those touch screen thingys like my wifes, I phone..........I don't even have a mobile so I was already onto a hiding for nothing.

I'm using windows XP at the moment and I struggle with that. :shock: :oops:

I heard they are making an 8.1 version with the start button restored!
Talking of "start buttons". When I was showing my wife how to use a computer I kept emphasizing that everything was logical, when we finished the session she asked "how do you stop it?" "you press start" I said :doh: She didn't believe me after that.

8.1 comes out tomorrow as a free upgrade for those who have 8 now. 8.1 has already started shipping in new machines. 8.1 can't be any worse than 8, and it's taken me 12 months to figure it out so I can do the things I did with 7.

Win 7 is the best windows OS in a loooong time, I hadn't upgraded since XP before putting win 7 on.

8 is *****. Havn't used it, but it's *****.

bobsbeer said:
Would MS know if I installed 7 on this one while my OH continues to use the same copy of 7?

Apparently just one copy these days with windows 7. XP used to be multiple install...sods.

bobsbeer said:
Would MS know if I installed 7 on this one while my OH continues to use the same copy of 7?

they would..Its linked to the hardware used, even an upgrade can throw your licence out if you change too many components

You don't need to put a licence key in to install windows 7, just whack return when it asks. it won't update or get the service packs... And it'll tell you its not genuine everyday after your 30 day trial is up....but it's still very useable.

I worked with hardware for 18months and we loaded a test bench up with w8 for compatibility testing, I never turned it on again after a couple of days.

Windows 8 is a crock of :doh:
I had to replace my work PC earlier this year to a Windows 8 machine and I can honestly say all the fannying around must cost me 30-60 minutes a day.
I hate it :x
It looks great....nice and sleek.....for young app lovers it is probably great. But for a business machine it is utter crud.

I just used one of those apps to add the start menu back then turned off all the metro features pretty much like windows 7 now.

I didn't even know how to turn the machine off. I just shut the lid and put it back into the box. If this computer gives up the ghost and packs in, I've had it.

I'm really pleased that it is not just me that have had problems with Windows 8.......I don't feel as thick now :D

Didn't think Microsoft could make a worse PITA OS than Vista.

I stand corrected.

I don't have a touch screen/tablet/smart phone. I don't need Windows 8

Latest posts

Back