hello!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuggledog

Reaction score
Hi,

i've been occassionally posting on 'the other' forum but thought it would be good to join here too. hope that's ok? i've been brewing since i was 19, so about hmm..15 years i suppose. i started on all mash brewing quite quick when my mother in law found an old book at a car boot sale that had a load of british beers (all mash) recipes in it. i was living in New Zealand at the time after a brief trip back to the UK and was obsessed with British beer. i remember walking around the small town/city we lived in for hours trying to find brewing salts for the liqour at chemists etc. at the local brew shop there was only one old bloke and me who ordered in pale malt (only available uncrushed, and nowhere near as nice as typical UK brewing malts). i'd stay up till 4 am crushing 5-6KG worth with a wee coffee grinder ... ah the good old days. we lived in a cardboard box back then (cue violin). no it's good to think back and appreciate the homebrewing community, tools and ingredients available here (and increasingly now in NZ too).

currently i'm getting a purpose-built brewery/garage/workshop built on the side of the house (thanks SWMBO) and have invested in two 525 litre stainless steel tanks for the next stage of the brewing journey. anyway enough rambling, but just thought i'd say hello. always amazed by the ingenuity of people on this forum (and the other one) and the kindness of the community.

cheers,

ben

Latest posts

Back