Help! I think im obsessed! Whats your homebrew story?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started brewing fairly recently, Jan 2021, during the second of our Covid lockdowns.
Not that it was the lockdown that forced me as the Offy was allowed to open as an "essential shop"!
Started with kits and completely ruined the first 3 by constantly peering, stirring and panicy fiddling with them until they were all oxidised to death.
Then through this forum I learned proper practice and brewed my first good batch, MJ Pink Grapefruit. Did a few more good kits and was hooked but wanted more involvement.
So a few months later I got a Brewzilla 3.1.1 and the learning curve went in a more steep vertical direction!
But with the help of this forum and it's members I was brewing some fantastic beers very quickly. I discovered beer styles I love but never knew existed (Sierra Nevada Pale and Bells 2 Hearted) from AG kits from Malt Miller.
I grew my own hops last year too and have just done an IPA with the Cascade, Centennial and Chinook from last years harvest.
The only drawback of homebrewing on this little rock is that because the pubs only sell cr@p like Carling and John Smiths, I never go out any more.
Probably why I've never caught Covid. So that lockdown had the desired effect in a weird way!

Latest posts

Back