Help needed

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbo1982

Reaction score
I have a tom caxton best bitter on the go at the moment and it seems to be stuck. Starting gravity was 1044 and seems to be stuck at 1012ish. Temp has been between 18-20 degrees but I did notice a drop to 17 degrees when I got up this morning. It's been in the fv for 8 days. I have some wilko yeast nutrient and some wilko gervin ale yeast. Would it be worth adding one of these or both? Also not sure what this kit normally gets down to. Any advice appreciated.

Cheers

Jim

I would just get it back to 20 and leave it alone for another week.

I gave the fv a gentle swirl to get the yeast back in suspension and the airlock started up again. Been showing signs for a few days now so will take another sample later. I'm expecting it to be closer to 1010 now.

So you asked for people's advice they gave if and you ignored it. Why bother?

I gave the fv a gentle swirl to get the yeast back in suspension and the airlock started up again. Been showing signs for a few days now so will take another sample later. I'm expecting it to be closer to 1010 now.

Sounds good. :thumb:

I also looked at older posts for advice as well as posting. I would never ignore advice given by the kind folk on this forum. Thanks for your input though it was really helpfull!

Originally Posted by jsl2000

I also looked at older posts for advice as well as posting. I would never ignore advice given by the kind folk on this forum. Thanks for your input though it was really helpfull!

:lol:

Latest posts

Back