Help please!? ..Coopers Canadian Blonde and brewing sugar???

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick_593

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have just started making my second batch of home brew (Coopers Canadian Blonde). I have the tin, and followed the instructions. However, it wasn't made clear whether I need to add dextrose or brew enhancer!.

I have added the contents of the malt from the tin, and filled up to 20 litres. I then went to watch a home brew vid on youtube while I wait for the temperature to cool down before adding the yeast. This is where I have now been shown that I MAY(?) need to add brew enhancer or Dextrose????

I have some brewing sugar here, but the instructions didn't make it clear whether I need to add it to the batch?.

I don't want to make a mess of this batch.. Do I need to add brewing sugar, and if so how much??

Thanks a lot!

Nick

It *will* say in the instructions but as a general rule of thumb you need a kilo of SOMETHING for a one can kit and nothing for a two can kit.

That kilo of something can be anything you like but in order of preference:

Most preferable

- Liquid Malt Extract (use 1.5-1.7kg where a kilo of sugar/BKE is required)
- Dried Malt Extract aka Spraymalt
- Beer Kit Enhancer
- Dextrose
- Granulated Sugar

Least preferable

calumscott said:
It *will* say in the instructions but as a general rule of thumb you need a kilo of SOMETHING for a one can kit and nothing for a two can kit.

That kilo of something can be anything you like but in order of preference:

Most preferable

- Liquid Malt Extract (use 1.5-1.7kg where a kilo of sugar/BKE is required)
- Dried Malt Extract aka Spraymalt
- Beer Kit Enhancer
- Dextrose
- Granulated Sugar

Least preferable

Thanks a lot. I've just phoned my local home brew shop and they have spray malt. I've never used this. How much would I need to add to the first fermentation batch??

Thanks!

A kilo should do it. Disolve in a half litre of hot water with a balloon whisk until all the clumps have gone... :thumb:

Back