HELP, real big problem now :(

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Borg

Reaction score
40 Pints of yummy Great Eastern are sitting in the pressure barrel waiting to be drank.

Doctor has told me I can't drink for another 4 months (medication)

Will the beer last, can I bottle it into cleaned old Newkie Broown bottles and store it.

Sorry about the meds hope your better soon

You could leave it in the barrel, think I'd bottle and prime, should be a goodun in four months

Would I de pressurise the barrel then syphon into the bottles, adding a small amount of sugar ?

Sorry if I am being thick here, but what difference will there be in leaving a full barrell of beer to mature in the barrell than messing about with it & bottling? If it was me i'd stick a sparklet in the CO2 injector or inject the barrell & leave it. Putting it into bottles will give more chance of it going wrong imho. If left in the barrell I reckon it will be great in 4 months.

I feel for ya fella - just brewed and you can't drink it. Here's to a speedy 4 months...

Leglesstwot said:
Sorry if I am being thick here, but what difference will there be in leaving a full barrell of beer to mature in the barrell than messing about with it & bottling? If it was me i'd stick a sparklet in the CO2 injector or inject the barrell & leave it. Putting it into bottles will give more chance of it going wrong imho. If left in the barrell I reckon it will be great in 4 months.

Guess its all down to personal preference, but you can't beat bottled conditioned beer imho

Think I'd leave it in the barrel, just make sure you've purged all the air out and replace with co2. :thumb:

I would also have a cheeky little taste around 3 weeks before you are allowed to drink again, if it's rancid you've time to brew a new batch that'll be ready for you after the medication as finished. :party:

Yours Sincerely
Mr.BB

Sean_Mc said:
Leglesstwot said:

Guess its all down to personal preference, but you can't beat bottled conditioned beer imho

I agree & I only barrell when I have not got enough empty bottles, but the fact it's been barrelled anyway suggests the brewer is happy drinking it from a barrell & I think if left in the barrell for 4 months it will taste superb. If he bottled it now it runs the small risk of getting infection, I wouldn't bother.

How long do you think a kit can be left in a keg like that? Months? Years?????

nigel said:
How long do you think a kit can be left in a keg like that? Months? Years?????
If untapped certainly months probably years, its only like a big plastic bottle afterall & bottled beer last years. It would never happen in my house however :D

beers ok in a cask for up to 6 months with no troubles whatsoever providing hygiene was adhered to

if its a high abv itll still be drinkable (beer will take on sherry like "vinous" qualities), ive known commercial brewers do this and to mix it with fresh beer. it was an accepted practice years ago

btw borg do you know a mr montague flange??

Latest posts

Back