Help with strawberry

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bandit081

Reaction score
Made 3 gallons of strawberry recently and I have racked it, stabilised and de gassed it. It is clearing nicely and has a lovely colour but OH MY GOD its sharp, never experienced this before but it tastes a bit like strawberry flavoured nail varnish.
It brewed to about 14 % but WOW sharp aint the word for it, any ideas?

Leave it to age.

With goozegog I'll hopefully be making next week, I don't touch until xmas. Never mind last years blackberries that is just about ready to drink.

Sean_Mc said:
Leave it to age.

With goozegog I'll hopefully be making next week, I don't touch until xmas. Never mind last years blackberries that is just about ready to drink.

Okey dokey I think ill bottle it and cork it and label up saying dont drink until next summer lol, thats the only problem with drinking so much WOW it makes you think all wines are drinkable in 3 weeks lol

Country whites usually take 3-6 months to become drinkable, Reds 6-12months.

That's why I always have a few gallons of supermarket juice wines on the go....hic :D

Edit: I store mine in bulk using 5ltr water bottles, think there 99p form most supermarkets

Sean_Mc said:
Country whites usually take 3-6 months to become drinkable, Reds 6-12months.

That's why I always have a few gallons of supermarket juice wines on the go....hic :D

Edit: I store mine in bulk using 5ltr water bottles, think there 99p form most supermarkets

Thats a good tip I did see a thread earlier regarding asds selling the 15 litre ones cheap I think i better go shopping, Thansk for the Vice Sean :thumb:

Back