helpppp sugar

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scoobynige

Reaction score
hi i started my kit today but i for got to add the sugar at the start but added it 10mins later once the juice and the yeast had been added will every thing still work :(

Sugar can go in right from the start, after a few days (according to the recipe) or in small additions throughout the course of the fermentation.

It'll be fine :thumb:

What's the kit?

ooh.. i just got offered a treat of a homebrew kit (in return for me giving her a couple of bottles of it) and i was considering that kit. let me know how it turns out :-)

will do

Fally over oops said:
ooh.. i just got offered a treat of a homebrew kit (in return for me giving her a couple of bottles of it) and i was considering that kit. let me know how it turns out :-)

Hey I bottled this about 7 days ago.

I added 1 tbl sp of sugar toback sweeten then 3 sugar cubes to prime the bottles.

I'm afraid I couldn't wait and after 6 days. It had cleared and I took a sneaky bottle.

Still not enough fizz yet but was amazed at how lovely it tasted. So much so that I have ordered another kit to go on tomorrow.

i was reading what it said about bottling and it said to leave it 5days so does that meen i can drink it after its been in the bottles 5days

Drunken_Jock said:
Hey I bottled this about 7 days ago.

I added 1 tbl sp of sugar toback sweeten then 3 sugar cubes to prime the bottles.

I'm afraid I couldn't wait and after 6 days. It had cleared and I took a sneaky bottle.

Still not enough fizz yet but was amazed at how lovely it tasted. So much so that I have ordered another kit to go on tomorrow.

well after last night I can tell you that OMG my head hurts................

The longer you leave it the better it gets and you should wait about a week for it to force carbonate, But my brother and I couldnt wait to try it.

I quote someone on here when they said "It does taste like a womans drink. But after 3 pints it reminds you its a mans drink"

Well in my case it has reminded me at 6 pints that it is a mans drink and it hurts.

The wife said she hadnt seen me that :drunk:

Latest posts

Back