Hi from Hednesford

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hightower

Reaction score
Hi I'm a complete newcomer to the home brew world an in need of any advice I can get like...
What kit should I buy?
Are there any beginner books worth read?
I really enjoy titanic plum porter, thornbridge jaipur, Ubu purity and slaters top totty... If I can get to the standard of brewing these I'd be a very happy lad.
Thanks

Hi,
From one starter brewer to another , looks like a good choice. I use that shop to , good prices and quick delivery.
The Youngs IPA i am going to brew this weekend ( my 4th batch since I got a home brew kit for xmas from Wilkos) kit gets great reviews and includes everything. " Beer kit that is "
As for the homebrew equipment kit, think a large muslin bag would be good for the dry hopping stage, also some no rinse sanitiser. the one included will work fine but has to be in contact with items for 10mins and you have to rinse everything, gets to be a pain when your bottling ( which I prefer doing)
If you are going to bottle you will need a few more items , a capper ( the red pulldown handle type ones are fine, caps and a bottling wand is essential. Also bottles , my local indian was happy to let me have a load of empty 660ml cobra bottles and I have emptied lots of beer bottles the old fashioned way :drink:
Then your good to go ! Loadsa helpful chaps on here to give any advice as well when things crop up.
Go for it !

Last edited:
Back