hi from leicestershire

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stu brew

Reaction score
I'm new to home brewing have started with two kits the first is a st peter ruby red ale . iv just put that in a keg and apart from using 2l to much water seems ok but still weak . will the taste get stronger in the keg if not it will make a good driver ale as is only 3% now .
the second after a lot of time on many forums is a Geordie bitter one tin kit that i have made up to 36 pint to make it a stronger ale and iv gone over to using an enhancer instead of sugar and so far is going well it had a start gravity of 1036 two days ago and its 1016 today so going well so far :D

Welcome to the forum...

Just bottled a ruby red kit myself .. one of my favourites !

Should still be nice even if slightly weaker than planned...

:cheers:

well i gave in last night and tried a glass and loved it i think it perfect now even though i know it only going to get better over the next few weeks but im sure it will be a smash at Xmas how cold should i let it get though ?

stu brew said:
well i gave in last night and tried a glass and loved it i think it perfect now even though i know it only going to get better over the next few weeks but im sure it will be a smash at Xmas how cold should i let it get though ?

Once it's conditioned in the keg or bottles for a week or so in a warm (18 ~ 20C) place you can store it as cold as you like as long as it doesn't freeze !

:cheers:

Hi, im in Leics too :thumb:

Is your ruby red like a Hobgoblin? It's one of my fave ales and would love to be able to make something similar. I was drinking it in my local last night and it was in perfect condition :cheers:

Im brand new to this brewing btw... still not made a brew yet, but maybe tomorrow :pray:

MrO said:
Hi, im in Leics too :thumb:

Is your ruby red like a Hobgoblin? It's one of my fave ales and would love to be able to make something similar. I was drinking it in my local last night and it was in perfect condition :cheers:

Im brand new to this brewing btw... still not made a brew yet, but maybe tomorrow :pray:

it a bit sweeter then hobgoblin but very nice though

Latest posts

Back