Hi, Just to say Hello

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjw1970

Reaction score
I a very new to wine making and have found the advice online to be invaluable when researching how to do things.
I have recently brewed a Youngs black cherry wine kit (to start I thought it would be safer) and I have made a peach
wine that I made from scratch. They are both at the clearing stage and I have used stabiliser and campden tablets.
I have added a finings solution into them they have cleared slightly but they seem to have stopped now and are pretty
cloudy still. Have I done something wrong do you think or am I trying to rush something thats just gonna take time?

I hope to learn much more and produce some knock out brews

Many Thanks :D

Hi & welcome.

The black cherry one sounds nice. I think you've done everything spot on, maybe just time will tell, there are other guys on here that do a lot of wine. Moley's your man for this one.

Hi and welcome :cheers:

Well done on the wines, you are now on a very slippery slope (but one that is a lot of fun and full of reward).

When did you add your fining solution. It will usually take at least a week for them to drop clear but saying that the longer you are able to leave them to mature the better they will taste.

Many Thanks

I think I was just getting impatient because its my first batch. Will give some more time

:thumb:

Thanks alanywiseman. Yeah I think is going to become quite a hobby.
I added the finings on Friday last week so I think its just time needed now, Ta

Latest posts

Back