Home brew comps

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmh7117

alejunky
Reaction score
Anyone had a go at the UK National home brew comp?

Thinking of entering but wouldn't want to just give money away for an entry.

Seems like it could be open for highway robbery. Send your beer to Bristol and we will judge it for a fee. Or does Mr cynical need to get back in his box?

http://www.nationalhomebrewcompetition.org.uk/

I reckon if you're beer isn't a beetroot, Earl Grey infused black IPA, dry hopped with powdered unicorn horn, has an OG of 3.080 and 6 billion IBU you won't win owt like that these days...

*Mr Cynical doesn't know what his box even looks like here*

Dave

Anyone had a go at the UK National home brew comp?

Thinking of entering but wouldn't want to just give money away for an entry.

Seems like it could be open for highway robbery. Send your beer to Bristol and we will judge it for a fee. Or does Mr cynical need to get back in his box?

http://www.nationalhomebrewcompetition.org.uk/

Not entered before but planning to this year - mainly to see if I can re-brew and improve on a score I got for a brew in a comp last November (my first ever comp entry).
I went along to the Black Friday comp that I entered & I would recommend anyone to do the same.
There were 100+ beers to sample for free - with good examples of styles highlighted, and lots of friendly folk for beer chit chat.
I found the feedback from judges useful, and now want to see if I can use it to get a better score - just for a bit of fun.

If you're interested in entering you'll need to get in quick.
I just added my entries 25 mins after entry opening time, and thee is already over 80 (out of the 350) spaces filled.

I've bought an entry - it was one of my new year's resolutions to enter a few comps and get some of my beers outside the usual circle of friends and family.

I happened to see on Facebook that entries were about to open and only clicked on the link to 'see how it worked' and ended up buying an entry!

I managed to get three entries in, apa, aipa, and Belgian blonde.
I reckon apa and aipa are the two busiest catagories in most competitions.

Should be fun at least, also looking to getting some real feedback from outside the circle of friends and family.

After a bit of a panic when my entries from this morning were nowhere to be seen on my account, I've re-registered and paid up for my 2 entries, also an apa (agreed this will be a very popular category) and an oatmeal stout.
In the absence of a local HB club - it'll be good to get a bit of impartial feedback - although my friends can be very 'honest' at times.

Back