March 2023 Competition - Freestyle

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It's time for another monthly competition!

This month I will be facilitating the 'freestyle' competition, which as the name suggests means you can send in any style you like.

Competition rules state that beers need to be delivered by end of the month, however, I am going to extend that slightly as it looks very likely I will be on a business trip to China around the final week of the month.

That causes a couple of problems, firstly I may not be able to access the forum to let people know of any issues with beers that have arrived (my partner will be on hand to receive any whilst I am away) and secondly, if I judge your beers on the weekend I return home you will all be getting a score of 37!

Therefore; the deadline for entries to be received will be Wednesday 5th April.

That should mean that I can confirm arrivals when I get back home and give anyone a chance to replace any breakages. I will then plan to judge the competition over the Easter weekend (7th - 10th April). If anything changes regarding my travel plans then I will let you all know as soon as possible.

Depending on how the entry list stacks up; I may split the judging into style groups with individual winners for each and then an overall top 3 across all styles.

If you'd like to enter, drop me a message and I'll send you my address.

Good luck!

I've got a mixed fermentation hoppy saison that I'll get out to you later in the month. Will PM for address.

Decided to spare you the Braggot @Stu's Brews i've sent you two bitters, a Batemans Victory Clone ESB and a First Gold ESB. Again i've forgotten to put my name on the bottles but they are labelled as above...

I was so looking forward to the Braggot as well...

No problem, I'll stick a label on them when they arrive so I don't forget who they belong to!

A quick update from me regarding my travel plans; the trip has now been pushed back to after Easter so will have no impact on the competition.

I'll keep the deadline for receipt of entries the same (Wednesday 5th April) and will judge over the Easter weekend.

I may have something for the comp, depending if it conditions in time. Will update you nearer the time. If not ready in time, I'll put it in the April comp instead.

Latest posts

Back