Home brew supplies

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like it's changed, but MM had a window for orders containing malt that they'd announce on their Facebook page, usually around 3pm. Understandable given the pandemic, but it wasn't as straightforward as logging on and ordering whenever you want. It wasn't much extra effort - my latest ingredients kit came within 48hrs. MM are my go-to for all grain.

I have order twice from the malt miller since lockdown the first one, near the start of lockdown' took 48 hours the second one about a month ago took 24 hours so not sure about your comment they are not back up to speed.

Last time I looked they werent taking orders that included grain. I see the next post saying that they gave windows on FB. I dont do FB, so I went on, seen that, and went back to GEB who had no such restrictions

I took delivery of a grain order from The Malt Miller on Wednesday, that was ordered Sunday.
I was a regular use of The Homebrew Company but their delivery price has increased and so have a lot of their products.
Will probably give GEB a go for my next order and compare them to MM.

Last time I looked they werent taking orders that included grain. I see the next post saying that they gave windows on FB. I dont do FB, so I went on, seen that, and went back to GEB who had no such restrictions
That finished ages ago and was only a because of the time taken to crush malt they introduced a restricted malt supply to maintain service. I get MM newsletters and this one from a couple of weeks ago he gives a service update.

Another thing to remember is the choice available. From what I can see crossmyloof only sell crushed malts, I want uncrushed, and the vast majority of their hops are pellet and I want leaf. At the moment I am using Warminster malt and getting better efficiency and I believe a better taste and only MM sells it. He also sell malts from Fawcetts, Simpsons and a few continental maltsters amongst others, the homebrew company do sell a few of these as well. I do like the subtle difference between different maltsters for example if I want to brew Landlord using Fawcetts golden promise makes a big difference.

Just resurrected this thread to say that The Homebrew Company made a mistake on a large item in a recent order I had with them and so I emailed them about it last Thursday and received the correct item today. So thumbs up to them for their service. athumb..

That's great service. I think we can all agree that mistakes happen. It's how a company responds that tells you if they're worth a jot.

Brew shops have been flat out for the past few months, i ordered a few part grain kits from darkrock brewing couple of months ago.They had forgot to put any instructions in the box.

Gave them a call and got instructions mailed over within a few mins of putting the phone down.The guys were doing 12hr shifts to get the orders out, over a 100 beer kits a day and getting through 1 tonne of grain every other day.

Can totally understand when a few things on orders go wrong.Can't fault dark rock brewing and their service, and their the bosses boss part grain kit is superb!!

With all the extra buisness there getting how do they think it's ok to rise the prices I noticed hikes last time I made an order unfair if u ask me

With all the extra buisness there getting how do they think it's ok to rise the prices I noticed hikes last time I made an order unfair if u ask me

I suppose it depends what has gone up in price. Not uncommon for agricultural products to fluctuate in price. May we'll see a whole lot of that come January 2021.

I suppose it depends what has gone up in price. Not uncommon for agricultural products to fluctuate in price. May we'll see a whole lot of that come January 2021.
Noticeably kits gone from 23 to 28

So, if business was slow would you complain if they dropped prices? Many businesses operate on very tight margins and need to recover their losses when business picks up. If you think they are overcharging, take your business elsewhere.

It's called supply and demand.. and it's one of the most fundamental principles of our economy.

the homebrew shop.co.uk and brew to bottle for me....
thehomebrewshoporder.PNG

the above is from the homebrew shop.co.uk

If every thing was ok and your sales multiply by 10 u Obviously are making more profits are up even if u have to get extra staff your still making so why get greedy if they are buying a lot more there prices from suppliers will be lower hence even more profit

Just resurrected this thread to say that The Homebrew Company made a mistake on a large item in a recent order I had with them and so I emailed them about it last Thursday and received the correct item today. So thumbs up to them for their service. athumb..
Likewise with Geterbrewed. I received an order some months ago missing a biggish bag of hops. I left a message on their answering machine and then phoned them the next day only to discover it had been sent out immediately. I felt guilty about that as overseas postage isn't cheap and I would have waited for it to be added to my next order. On the other hand, I ordered a sack of Crisp's Chevallier expecting it to come in their advertised "classy sack" and it came in a white bag. No big deal except I wanted it for my beer themed gîte. Well, it's swings and roundabouts I suppose.

Likewise with Geterbrewed. I received an order some months ago missing a biggish bag of hops. I left a message on their answering machine and then phoned them the next day only to discover it had been sent out immediately. I felt guilty about that as overseas postage isn't cheap and I would have waited for it to be added to my next order. On the other hand, I ordered a sack of Crisp's Chevallier expecting it to come in their advertised "classy sack" and it came in a white bag. No big deal except I wanted it for my beer themed gîte. Well, it's swings and roundabouts I suppose.
Sry I derailed this thread a bit I'll start a new one when in need of a rant all in all I had a mistake off homebrew co. And getrbrewd which both were swiftly sorted believe it or not getrbrewd made a mistake when fixing the first mistake and sent me out other stuff a third time to rectify

Latest posts

Back