Homebrew set up

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisInBucks

Reaction score
Evening all,

Wanted to share my future-in-laws current homebrew set up in Cumbria and was keen to see where everyone else does their brews.

20200630_172335.jpg

He currently only does cider but sells around 1500 litres a year at the moment. Very envious of the set up as he has everything he needs in one out house and a drainage system making it ridiculously easy.

What is everyone else working with?

This is my space in an extension at the back of the kitchen, 3 brew fridges all temp controlled, HLT and all in one Brewster Beacon.

View attachment 28546

and this is my kegerator setup just outside the brewing room

View attachment 28547View attachment 28545
That is a very nice looking extension though - was it built with the kitchen or later on? Just got my first brew fridge and only have space for 1 where we currently live. The second we move, I'll be moving on to the second and third for kegs etc. Did you build the kegerator yourself? Easy enough to build?

Evening all,

Wanted to share my future-in-laws current homebrew set up in Cumbria and was keen to see where everyone else does their brews.

View attachment 28540

He currently only does cider but sells around 1500 litres a year at the moment. Very envious of the set up as he has everything he needs in one out house and a drainage system making it ridiculously easy.

What is everyone else working with?

1500 litres a year in 2 gallon buckets, and I'm guessing he samples them all before bottling?? ;) Looks a really nice setup, any pics of the pressing side of things?

That is a very nice looking extension though - was it built with the kitchen or later on? Just got my first brew fridge and only have space for 1 where we currently live. The second we move, I'll be moving on to the second and third for kegs etc. Did you build the kegerator yourself? Easy enough to build?
It was like it when we moved in but would have thought later on, I think it was used as an office. Yes I built the kegerator myself and the build side was straight forward but getting all the various bits was a bit of a nightmare because I had a list of what I wanted but couldn't get them all at the same place (online) so bits were turning up one day them some more another day....you get my drift. I decided to buy a new fridge as I decided to build it when we were in lockdown and it was delivered free (bought it from Curry's) I have 2 cornies in there at the moment but I'm in the process of putting a shelf in so I can fit a third one.

I have only just got into home brewing. We moved into our house 4 years ago and there is a nice little stone built outhouse that we have never really known what to do with. Lockdown gave me the inspiration to start brewing and the outhouse (now known as the Brewhouse) finally has a purpose.
It is not ideal as there is no running water or drains however I can manage okay.
I am using a Klarstein Fullhorn for BIAB and doing a rudimentary sparge rather than going for a no sparge method.
Since this photo was taken I have installed a mini fridge for yeast cultures and another tall fridge and Inkbird for a second Fermentation chamber.
I am enjoying learning the process and studying brewing technique but waiting for each batch so I can try and improve on it is a bit frustrating.

I need more cupboards and worktops but I have spent enough for the moment.

IMG_20200627_102105317.jpg

IMG_20200627_102331156.jpg

IMG_20200627_113853990.jpg
IMG_20200627_145451670.jpg

I'd love a dedicated room for brewing but I haven't got the space. All brewing is done in the kitchen with fermentation fridge and temp controlled freezer (new bigger freezer for full keezer setup to be added soon) are at the back of the kitchen. All equipment is stored in the back bedroom/office when not in use and it's a bit off a faff moving things about.

I am considering moving though and one of the things I'll be looking for is a shed/garage/cellar to set everything up in.

Mine is now in a small part in the back of my garage, but have to brew outside due to the steam, Use the room to monitor fermentation, storage and yeast culturing.

Attachments

• IMG_0631(1).jpg
    IMG_0631(1).jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_0635(1).jpg
    IMG_0635(1).jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_0400(1).jpg
    IMG_0400(1).jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 177

Latest posts

Back