Hop curry

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Do not know if it has ever been done (probably has) but where I live, there is an abundance of wild hops growing.

Anyhow I have 4 loves in the world. Beer, Curry, the dog and wife. I like curries that are really aromatic with loads of coriander. Just wondering as the trusty ole hop cone is pretty aromatic. Has anyone tried to use hops in a curry?

Never tried it personally.
Just be sure not to give any to the beloved hound - Hops and dogs are not a good mix...

Does something to their cooling system - not sure quite what, but it diminishes their ability to regulate their temperature.

Do not know if it has ever been done (probably has) but where I live, there is an abundance of wild hops growing.

Anyhow I have 4 loves in the world. Beer, Curry, the dog and wife. I like curries that are really aromatic with loads of coriander. Just wondering as the trusty ole hop cone is pretty aromatic. Has anyone tried to use hops in a curry?

Beer, Curry, the dog and wife
In that order?

America's test kitchen podcast had a caller ask what to do with leftover hops. I recall recommendations were to use some in a rye-type bread and serve thick with butter or jam. Similar things were done in focaccia dough.

I also heard about a quick pickle of the hops, treat it like saurkraut, and cooking it in a dish called choucrute garnie (basically brats and kraut). I can imagine the bitter working very well with the deep savory fat.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back