Hop Water

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Circle C Brewer

Reaction score
Came across something new this weekend called Hop Water. My first thought was “great just another bland tasting seltzer”. I couldn’t have been more wrong. When I poured it into a glass I was blown away by the aroma. It’s as good as any quality IPA. Lots of grapefruit, tropical fruits, and piney notes. It reminds me of ginger ale with a hint of sweetness. It has medium carbonation and a decent mouthfeel. It’s zero sugar and zero carbs. I’m Definitely buying another four pack. I’ll probably add a bit of gin with the next bottle.

cheers

Attachments

• 25F1CF16-2A5E-4670-939E-4304B8AC4267.jpeg
    25F1CF16-2A5E-4670-939E-4304B8AC4267.jpeg
    30.5 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
That's interesting, I had a different brand of something sold as hop water back in the summer and it was nothing more than fizzy water. I'll keep an eye out for this

This was doing the rounds a year or two ago and one of my mates tried to get me to make some. It was pre getting a carbonation cap so would tie up a keg. Not happening.

Last edited:
Had a shot at making this myself.

I went with 10g of cashmere in 5L of 65°C for 20 mins with a `squirt' or two of lime juice then topped it up to 19L to put into corny. Set to 25PSI and now I have a very pleasant non alcoholic hop forward drink that I am very happy with. Has a slight green tint.

I will certainly get this refilled when I am done with it but up it to 15g. And probably go for something less floral. Maybe comet or centennial.

For practically zero cost I would highly recommend it to anyone with a spare corny.
PXL_20210815_162155644.PORTRAIT.jpg

Ok where vcpcan you buy the original one in the post?

making your own, do you just dry hop and carbonate water, or woukd you recommend a hop stand.
what hops work best?

Ok where vcpcan you buy the original one in the post
Not sure about this I'm afraid.

I did a hopstand and then topped up and set to carbonate in a corny.

In yes of what to use I can recommend cashmere, but I think it comes down to personal preference. It would probably lend itself to anything that would go into an American style IPA?

Latest posts

Back