How do you store your PET bottles after use?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andyhull

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm getting through my first brew at a rate of knotts and as a result have a fair few empties with a little sediment and a tiny tiny tiny bit of beer left in the bottom.

I'm going to wash them out but would it be best to add some steriliseing solution to the bottles and then put the lid back on and store them, or could this taint the bottles?

My way of thinking is that all i would need to do when it comes to bottling my next brew is rinse them out and i would be ready to go!

Andy

I would rinse them out and store them. when you are ready to bottle again sterilise them.

I wash and dry mine immediately after drinking,store them cool and dry,and then sterilise immediately before use,I don't like the idea of storing them with anything in in case of taints,and if they're sterilised immediately before use I know they'as clean as I can get them.
Ian

Once I have poured out the beverage of choice I wash the sediment out of the bottom, shake the excess water out then put the lid back on. It then gets slung in a box in the shed.

When I need it again I just rinse it out a bit with warm water them some star san solution.
Never had any issues with the process so far

i just rinse out sedement and put lid back on and store for sterilising on bottling day , although i have sterilised about 30 2litre bottles in the one go and stored with lid on for when 2 brews were ready to bottle at the same time and had no issues with doing this either i think once the lids are on then nothing is going to get in to spoil the bfew when put in bottle just dont forget to sterilise the lids like i did lol :whistle:

Latest posts

Back