How long before I bottle.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andyh

Reaction score
Hi all, my Coopers Australian Lager finished fermenting yesterday. How long do I have before I have to bottle.

The reason I ask is I'm awaiting delivery of my bottle tree/drainer. Delivery taking longer than expected :nono: , should I wait or should I get on with it steralizing bottles in the sink.

Cheers

Andy.

How long since you started the beer? I normally give it two weeks start to finish, even though most activity is over after a week or so.

Hi andy, how long has it been in the fermenter? If it's been 2 weeks or more i'd either rack it off to another fv to get it off the trub or i would go ahead and bottle it :cheers:

Cheers mate, I'll wait for my drainer to arrive then. It's my first bottling and just want to be as easy as poss'.

Can't wait :drink:

Yeah another week or 2 for conditioning and clearing of the beer. It won't harm your beer at all, quite the opposite, it'll do it some good and give the yeast time to clean up.

My only real concern was I didn't know how long I could leave it and still get fizzy beer when I bottle it. Does that make sense.

Just keep an eye on it. Beer is prone to infection this time of year with fruit flys and warm muggy weather. I usually ferment for a week drop into secondry once fermentation has stopped and bottle a week later so about 2 weeks. Don't let it hang around though unless it has a high abv ie above 7-8%.

Latest posts

Back