how long is too long

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clarkeuk

Reaction score
having started fermentation of my first all grain brew 9 days ago I noticed it slowing down after 4 days and no bubbles after 6 (although the lid of the fv still bowed out with pressure ) so on the 7 th day took a sg reading of 1.008 and the same reading on day 9 (tonight ) so presume fermentation has stopped .
will I be ok leaving it in the fv for another 4 days (weekend) or do I need to rack it off into a secondary fv or bottle
cheers

ive just bottled a batch after 4 weeks in primary....

if theres a head of c02 its prob safe

having started fermentation of my first all grain brew 9 days ago I noticed it slowing down after 4 days and no bubbles after 6 (although the lid of the fv still bowed out with pressure ) so on the 7 th day took a sg reading of 1.008 and the same reading on day 9 (tonight ) so presume fermentation has stopped .
will I be ok leaving it in the fv for another 4 days (weekend) or do I need to rack it off into a secondary fv or bottle
cheers

All sounds perfectly normal and at 1.008 its definately done. Worth leaving until the weekend for the yeast to clean up after itself and then bottle.

Having said that I have left beer in the FV for 4 weeks or more (one kit I did took forever to finish fermenting) without any problems.

Latest posts

Back