How many gallons of Wine, Cider + Misc in 2013?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another 5 gallons of TC which is destined to be a raspberry cider...

311.06 Wine
160 Cider
41.36 Misc

I'm surprised the cider number is so low...? :wha:

Started 1 gallon of Rhubarb Wine and 1 gallon of Rhubarb Champagne

322.06 Wine
160 Cider
41.36 Misc

Started..
1 Gallon Elderflower Champagne, 1 Gallon Elderflower Wine, 1 Gallon Elderflower Cordial

Forum Totals
325.06 Wine
160 Cider
42.36 Misc

If we're counting cordial, I'd better add the gallon I bottled yesterday :party:

Forum Totals
325.06 Wine
160 Cider
43.36 Misc

Tim_Crowhurst said:
If we're counting cordial, I'd better add the gallon I bottled yesterday :party:

Forum Totals
325.06 Wine
160 Cider
43.36 Misc

I typed it automatically, as I was just picturing what I was doing with my lemony elderflowery scented bucket.

I'm sure it will be mentioned if it doesn't count

5 gallons of Richies "On the Rocks" pear cider. Was a bit cack handed with the sugar application, so predictions are it might be lethal.... :whistle:

Forum Totals
325.06 Wine
165 Cider
43.36 Misc

A bit late in the year to mention this, but why are we counting in gallons rather than liters? This is the UK not USA. :lol:

Forum Totals
325.06 Wine
165 Cider
43.36 Misc

bobsbeer said:
A bit late in the year to mention this, but why are we counting in gallons rather than liters? This is the UK not USA. :lol:

Forum Totals
325.06 Wine
165 Cider
43.36 Misc

A UK gallon is not the same thing as a US gallon. Plus most demijohns are 1gallon, not 5L - there's a ~10% difference between the two.

Tim_Crowhurst said:
A UK gallon is not the same thing as a US gallon. Plus most demijohns are 1gallon, not 5L - there's a ~10% difference between the two.

[Annoying Geek mode] actually 16.839% difference between the two, with the Imperial Gallon being the larger.

4.54 litres per gallon in the UK
3.78 litres per gallon in the US

[/Annoying Geek Mode]

As it's a British site, with strong leaning towards Indian Pale Ale production it is only right and proper that we use Imperial measurements, not some soul less euro (French derived, pah) unit of measurement :D ;)

I'll get me coat....

PS

Might be an idea to measure wine production in French units, after all they are decent at that.

Wine in litres
Ale, drink of Britons, in Imperial Gallons

:D :D

OK, I'll shut up now.

5 gallons Wilko's spicy Cabernet Sauvignon

Forum Totals:
32 Gal Wine
3 Gal Cider
4 Gal Misc

bobsbeer said:
25lt ooooops 5 gal Pineapple & Apple

Forum Totals
330.06 Wine
165 Cider
43.36 Misc
Zedilly said:
5 gallons Wilko's spicy Cabernet Sauvignon

Forum Totals:
32 Gal Wine
3 Gal Cider
4 Gal Misc
RobWalker said:
1 gal Pear & Elderflower Wine

33 Gal Wine
3 Gal Cider
4 Gal Misc

I think we've become a little confused somewhere. I think the current forum totals should be:

336.06 Wine
165 Cider
43.36 Misc

Just started 5 gallon of Chardonnay and 5 Gallon of Cabernet Sauvignon (hope the spellings right or the grammar police willl be around :nono: )

Also 1 gallon of elderflower cordial so I'll add that to misc :cheers:

346.06 Wine
165 Cider
44.36 Misc

Tim_Crowhurst said:
You try calibrating a few.

To the base of the neck my “gallon” DJs range from 4.6 to 4.9 litres. I have marked them with little stickers because on a final racking it's useful to be able to select a slightly smaller jar to reduce top-ups.

So far this year (wine) 5 x 15 litre + 2 x 19 litre + 1 x 22 litre + 3 x 1 ‘gallon’ = 147.5 litres, 32.5 gallons.

I have already declared 11 gallons, so that's another 21.5 to add.

Forum Totals:
367.5 Wine
165 Cider
44.36 Misc

Back