how much yeast?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corby_brewer

Landlord.
Reaction score
ll

im going to knock up a couple of ciders the afternoon. a 6 ltr batch of TC and a 6 ltr batch of orange and mango. and was wondering how much yeast i should use for such small batches. and if ther is anything else i should add.

cheers

DS

I just bunged some bread yeast in my first one! Made one gallon DJ with 7g hovis yeast, and it turned out fine (i was actually quite amazed with the quality for something so easy and cheap)! You can't seem to go far wrong with TC. Got one on at the moment in which i have used a sachet of ale kit yeast that i previously substituted for SO4 (might as well get some use out of it) and its fermenting well, although too early to taste.

Yeh i used about 1/4 of beer yeast too had it lying there will wait and see its my first TC too..............G

I'm not familiar with it but it's likely to finish drier than an ale yeast. If the OG is high (as might be the case with the orange and mango monstrosity :P ) then it will probably be better.

I used the same yeast compound, it went well for a few hours but as lost its foaming head now? the bubbles are still coming off though, time will tell i suppose :cheers:

Back