I ain't got a bloody clue...lol

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welshee

Reaction score
Bought myself a magnum elderflower kit and a few odds and sods and also some alcotec 8 turbo yeast.
I didn't have a clue in all honesty what it was i just seen the speed/strength and drunken alarm bells started ringing as to the potential of it.
Well it seems it is about as much use (TO ME) as a plastic tit.
I don't think there is anyway i can use it in my cider and i am not (AS YET) going to turn in to a banjo playing, moonshine swilling hillbilly , apart from the fact i wouldn't know how to.
As anyone got any ideas as to what i can do with the rocket fuel enhancer.
I did have a google about and found some bloke on youtube making what i can only explain as bomb made out of sugar and alcotec 8.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

:oops:

That is what i intend to do i am thinking more along the lines of what to do with the alcotec 8 turbo yeast, am i right in thinking it cannot be used with the elderflower.
Using the turbo yeast seems to call for carbon filtering or something along those lines.

It can be used but turbo yeast is awful mate. The magnum cider yeast is decent!
Don't bulk it up with extra sugar to make it 9% or start flavouring it crazy, just brew the kit as it says to with the supplied yeast and you'll enjoy it :cheers:

welshee said:
I am thinking more along the lines of what to do with the alcotec 8 turbo yeast, am I right in thinking it cannot be used with the elderflower?
You're right, it can't :nono:

Turbo yeasts produce a lot of very harsh alcohol very quickly, and the products are then charcoal filtered and flavoured with mock spirit essences. They have other uses which might be legal in New Zealand but aren't in the UK and most other countries, and must not be discussed on this forum.

Do you still have the receipt and might your homebrew shop refund or exchange if you explain to them why it's not suitable for your uses?

Latest posts

Back