I have made an exciting discovery

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Empty bottle

Reaction score
I had my first go at making myself some home made curry sauce the other day. Tonight i discovered that curry sauce is similar to home made soup. The longer you leave it in the fridge the better it gets. The next few months is going to be interesting as i have went to town and bought several kilos of different spices to make lots of sauces. Chips n curry sauce is going to be a big part of my diet for the foreseeable future.

I find this to be true with a lot of fairly well seasoned food, Curry of course but also Chilli where the
left overs are often better than the original serving.

Anything where spices (and herbs) are involved are great after 24 hours. I think it gives time for the flavours to diffuse out of the individual grains of spice and into the sauce. I often cook curries at lunchtime, let them cool then heat up for dinner. sometimes I cook them the day before. thumb.

Anything where spices (and herbs) are involved are great after 24 hours. I think it gives time for the flavours to diffuse out of the individual grains of spice and into the sauce. I often cook curries at lunchtime, let them cool then heat up for dinner. sometimes I cook them the day before. thumb.
Cook them 4 days in advance Gonzo and they will be magic.

Latest posts

Back