I Think Ive just Found a "niche" In The All Grain Market....

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BarnsleyBrewer said:
Good price that Johnny but don't be a busy fool, :eek: it's great helping people out but you'll be doing things that make people money for nothing!!
You'll be better off trying to form a buying syndicate within a set radius around your area.. :thumb:

BB

Youve got to have something to do whilst mashing and boiling. Its too cold and too early to start in the garden

Id be interested in buying grains of you if you did lager malts, i only do a few lagers a year so dont really buy this in bulk. where as my marris otter i buy in the 25kg sacks

Mike1981 said:
Id be interested in buying grains of you if you did lager malts, i only do a few lagers a year so dont really buy this in bulk. where as my marris otter i buy in the 25kg sacks

I dont use Lager Malt either, so I cant help. Loads of on-line suppliers sell Lager Malt by the Kg

If I fancy doing a Lager style/type beer I use Maris Otter anyway.

hey johnny where do you get your grains from im not a million miles away and can't find anywhere near me , closest place is 23 miles away and they haven't got everything really , sounds like you know somewhere local ish to you i get mine from post most times

ok thanks , thought there might of been a grain supplier near , all the damn farms by my area (near southstaff) you'd think there would be loads round us

pittsy said:
ok thanks , thought there might of been a grain supplier near , all the damn farms by my area (near southstaff) you'd think there would be loads round us

Its not the farms, its the maltings. From my limited farming knowledge most arrable farms grow a certain ammount of barley. They then sell it to the maltsters who take it onto the next stage.

Seems very cheap, & I wish you well with your venture.

Thanks for the quote, to be honest I don't need ingredients, I have been buying by the 25kg sack or 5kg bale, therefore pick the stuff up much cheaper than your quote.

I think your going to be busy with those prices though. :cheers: :thumb:

UP

johnnyboy1965 said:
The total ingredients work out to £5.41 (Ive thrown in a whole Protofloc tablet)
Ill give you a breakdown if you require.
Do you require yeast?
Ive no idea how much P+P will be until its boxe, but Ill send you the reciept

I'd be interested to hear how much the postage works out at :)

Cheers Tom

Back