Ideal storage

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phill

Reaction score
I've just made a youngsters American ipa kit it had 15 days in fermenter and has been in the bottle for 3 weeks now. Should I move it to a fridge which is currently set around 15c or not? It has quite a strong bitter taste but not the unpleasant twang my last brew had. Will become more subtle with a bit of time?

I've just made a youngs American ipa kit it had 15 days in fermenter and has been in the bottle for 3 weeks now. Should I move it to a fridge which is currently set around 15c or not? It has quite a strong bitter taste but not the unpleasant twang my last brew had. Will become more subtle with a bit of time?
Hi Phill, if it's carbonated to your satisfaction then it needs to go somewhere cool, 15°C is not ideal (12° or under really) but if it's your coldest option then yes get it in there thumb. the longer you leave it the better it should taste.

Hi Phill, if it's carbonated to your satisfaction then it needs to go somewhere cool, 15°C is not ideal (12° or under really) but if it's your coldest option then yes get it in there thumb. the longer you leave it the better it should taste.
I can turn the fridge down a bit so I will transfer them all to the fridge now, really quite pleased with this one came out a tad under 7% 😁

I'm amazed how my beers change over a few weeks. Any vices diminish and virtues grow.

Latest posts

Back