Idiot on Ebay

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LarryF

Brew Numpty
Reaction score
So there I am tonight bottling up my John Bull IPA with big plans to do my Richies Simply Stout, I've got the Lyles Treacle and devious plans to add coffee and coco. But then.....Disaster, I check my crate and I've got two Richies Simply Yorkshire Bitters, how could that be. With righteous indignation I go back and check my Ebay history, how could they have got the order so wrong............Turns out they didn't, I was ordering at about 11.30pm and, you guessed it, ordered two Yorkshire Bitters :doh: Let this be a lesson to interwebs shoppings when high on your own supply. Still, the Simply Yorkshire Bitter looked pretty good when I pitched the yeast so I'll suffer two of them but in a fit of pique I immediately went online and ordered the stout, £11.35 delivered, can't complain......apart from being the.....you guessed it, the idiot on Ebay.

Steep a bit of roast and choc malt, (boiled and cooled) then add it to your ferment. You'll probably end up with something even nicer than you expected.

I nearly bought a parrot from Facebook due to alcohol. It was only because it was sold that I'm not covered in bird ****.
Another drunken evening ended up with my mate waking to several emails regarding his milk float enquiry.

My brother in law's brother bought a Porsche one night after a few whiskies, it took a bit of explaining when the missus came home [emoji12]. He still has it though!

Thank god most off the ****** ebaying I do, can't remember pmsl
I find out about, with a notice of being out bid lol

Where would we be without eBay, I remember years ago I was in PC world having an argument with some stupid bint about why an expensive HDMI lead will not give you a better picture than a cheap hdmi lead, the discussion centered around a half meter lead with a signal repeater in it, which went on to me explaining that the signal repeater could only cause signal delays and loss of quality in a half meter lead, where it is completely unnecessary.

Anyway, instead of paying £30 for their cheapest lead (good few years back this), I ordered 5 off eBay for less than a tenner.

Despite said bints concerns over build quality they're all still going strong, so yeah, not an eBay idiot story but nonetheless, an eBay story.

I was in PC world the other day aski g for a HDMI to dvi converter, they wanted £15 for one! 99p posted off eBay, they said the same **** about build quality.

The thing is, I worked for PC world many years ago whilst seeking knowledge at the local educationamium, and at the time some genius had worked out they could make a killing from excluding USB leads from printers, so the stores could sell them separately (they make very little on computers and printers, but much more on peripherals / accessories).

The cheapest USB leads were 14.99 at the time, you could buy them off eBay for £1.25 posted. They paid 50p each for them.

Gotta love eBay, saved me a fortune over the years!

I once bought a motorbike on ebay whilst out on a stag do.

I woke up the next morning and discovered that it was in Scotland, over 600 miles away. And it was January and there was a foot of snow on the ground.

Man, that was a long journey.....

I'm still waiting for someone to admit to drunkenly buying an ex Soviet Mig fighter or similar [emoji12]

Just imagine how quickly you could get a boil going with the afterburners on though :grin:

Back