If there was ever a night for a beer it's tonight.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bit of a moan thread of no real purpose.

Since finishing work yesterday at 16.30 I haven't stopped. Our second child is due in august and I am off next week so I told the wife I will get round to some diy. She went around every room of our house and wrote down everything that needs doing or annoys here.

So since yesterday I have put Ho three new lights, moved the telephone points in the house, this needed going because she bought a unit for shoes that she wanted installed at the bottom of the stairs. Once telephone sockets were moved we realised the unit needed modding to fit. This has been done and shoes are now in their new home.

I fitted coving in my toddlers new room and painted the first court. I have even fitted skirting on the landing. A job she started 6 months ago but didn't finish because she couldn't get the corners right due to uneven walls.

After all this I cleaned up all my mess so I can start with a clean working area again in the morning.

I even tidied up outside. I just sat down with my toddler before he went to bed whilst the wife hoovered upstairs. I was the. Startled by a bang and a number of screams. She only went and dropped a fresh pot of paint all over our cream carpet. The pot of bloody paint was £50 argh. I have just spent over an hour trying to clean it.

Time for a beer, and maybe something g to eat

I feel for you mate. I have a bleeding long list of jobs to do and getting in a brew is impossible. luckily my six foot seven son came home and used a pole brush to clean all the moss of the house.........I polished his swanky boots as a reward!!

Starting to cool down now, the beer in the shower helped.

I had to laugh, time I came downstairs my wife had started planning the new carpet. But not just a carpet for the stairs but all the bedrooms as well. And then she tells me that she wants to paint to nursery for the new baby (our toddler is two so it's recently (ish) newly painted.

I too seriously feel your pain. I now have two (6 and 4) and a new house we moved into 1 month before the first one arrived. Needless to say we are now just about starting on properly renovating the house as we are actually getting some sleep now.

I just get my two to help me brew these days. My 6 year old insisted on trying my American rye saison the other day. He loved it ??!??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congratulations to you both on your family addition to be and getting rid of the cream carpet.Oh did your good wife Accidentally spill the paint Hmmmmm.
Sounds like someone is nesting and doing the preparation but don't worry as it's all worth it in the end.
By the way does anyone get the feeling that we should all be called Jack at home.We spend our lives working hard at our jobs which usually focus in one area of sorts and can be mastered but at home we become Jack of all trades and master of none.
I feel for you as I've been painting, paving, building shelving in the garage (beer related) and today our sink drains are blocked so have to go out in the rain and get stuck in elbow deep and this happens about twice a year.It will be my turn for some well deserved beer tonight.Goid luck....

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Thats a bummer Leon, but I bet the beer tasted sweeter for it. At least you got some jobs done. We're also expecting #2 in July. The plan was to move house well in advance but now the buyer of our old place, which we were renting out, has pulled out just before committing and we are facing the very real prospect of having to move with a 3yo and a new born :shock:. I wish I could be doing DIY and getting ready for the new arrival.

Today I did chill. Went out on the bike for a few hours and watched the rugby. No need for beer tonight!! That sounds wrong!

Latest posts

Back