If you could only drink one commercial beer for the rest of your life.......

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably Paulaner Muncher Helles, maybe Camden Pale or something. It needs to be a solid all-rounder beer, rather than a beer that has wowed me.

Historically speaking, if I could have it draught it would have to be

Wadworths 6X,
or
Marston's Pedigree.

But they have to be the mid-'70s versions, all of them!
The sound track to accompany either of them has to be Whiskey in the Jar by Thin Lizzy.

"When Phil was asked how he felt about being Black and Irish he said "Like a pint of Guinness". My Man. God Rest your sweet soul Phil. Next time "

Simply for the fact it was the most complex beer I have had and it would make me happy to have to drink it until my liver upped and left me it would have to be kasteel barista chocolate quad.
Not the best beer I’ve ever had but the most interesting
AF5D3DBE-B08B-491E-9A4A-CA678D9C955D.png

More than likely, I responded already.
HOWEVER I'm changing my vote to Founders Better Half.
I did a quick scan and it looks like I didn't. I'm surprised I didn't chime in--as far as I know.

Last edited:
I already did upthread.

So you did.

So you like Guinness and find Old Peculier vile.

I believe Guinness used to be a good pint back in the day but many members have said its now awful and a shadow of its former self so I guess its all down to personal taste.

Last edited:
Pilsner Urquell.
I was thinking of Urquelle, too, but the stuff I've been getting in bottles and cans recently doesn't seem to taste quite the same as I remember on draft, which I haven't tasted for a good 6 years. I shall continue to seek out draft Urquelle here in the Frankenreich and if not, I'll have to take The Wise One to Czechland.

Historically speaking, if I could have it draught it would have to be

Wadworths 6X,
or
Marston's Pedigree.

But they have to be the mid-'70s versions, all of them!
The sound track to accompany either of them has to be Whiskey in the Jar by Thin Lizzy.

"When Phil was asked how he felt about being Black and Irish he said "Like a pint of Guinness". My Man. God Rest your sweet soul Phil. Next time "

He's one of my personal heroes..

Im afriad based on availability and a number of other factors, its Tennents Lager.

Once again, fight me!

Latest posts

Back