If you had the time and energy

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sean_Mc

Regular.
Reaction score
What would you do that's been burning at the back of your mind for awhile..... I always find time to brew somehow and tinker with my equipment.

Actually got a whole weekend off this week, so am prioritising my to do list, but will I have the energy and will to carry them out. Hopefully posting them here will spur me on to get some of them done.

Firstly I'd clean out the garage, put the table tennis up and actually play with the kids.
Bag some geocaches that have been bugging me.
Get some road wheels for the mountain bike, I started cycling to work and the mountain bike tyres are getting seriously on my nerves.
Fix the tumble dryer before divorce proceedings are taken against me.
Lastly, this may take some courage, Kick Mrs Mc ass in to getting a new job. She walked out on her job this week after taking a few months of ****...good girl

Sean_Mc said:

Ah! A fellow cacher, we get everywhere! We haven't done much caching lately, miss it, but not had the time. The mega event in spain was the last time we did any great amount really.

We are trying to eat many frogs at the moment, we've got the gearbox out of the car, and decorating the house. The garden is a massive frog right now, we really need to get on with yes that!

If I had the time and energy, I'd take a day off. And sleep.

Don't seem to have any time at all at the moment.

Vindiv8 said:
Sean_Mc said:

Ah! A fellow cacher, we get everywhere! We haven't done much caching lately, miss it, but not had the time. The mega event in spain was the last time we did any great amount really.

We are trying to eat many frogs at the moment, we've got the gearbox out of the car, and decorating the house. The garden is a massive frog right now, we really need to get on with yes that!

There's a cache at the entrance to an old tunnel that's within half a mile and have been meaning to get it for ages. Also a there's a circular walk that should take about two hours with about 8 caches, if the weather stays nice maybe on Sunday.

Forgot about our garden, but that can wait until Easter. New sofas coming in 10 weeks and the boss has ordered that the lounge needs decorating....I'll do that the week before :D

Nothing really special James, its an old Westminster coal mining tunnel near Moss Valley golf course. It goes through the hill to Summerhill, or used to, Summerhill entrance was by the bus stop on the top road.

MC1.jpg

Sean_Mc said:
Nothing really special James, its an old Westminster coal mining tunnel near Moss Valley golf course. It goes through the hill to Summerhill, or used to, Summerhill entrance was by the bus stop on the top road.

Ah ha. I think I know where the entrance is on the Moss side of it.

Have you ever looked around the old ROF site by the Industrial Estate?

Sorry the entrance is marked with the geocache box on the map. Its fenced off and bricked up, but the kids often knock through.

There's surprisingly few caches around the industrial estate, though one is very near to the ROF site. Might plant a few there and learn the local history.

I know what im doing as soon as i have the time get my shed sorted into the brewhouse ive had permission from swmbo she's even going to pay for the materials "think she trying to get rid of me ! ?" im estimating around £250 mark new roof all electrics the works :grin:

31bb3 said:
I know what im doing as soon as i have the time get my shed sorted into the brewhouse ive had permission from swmbo :grin:

Me too, just sold my bike so now I've to organise the shed, fix the roof, & put another light in there, instant brewhouse :thumb:
Still use the cellar for fermenting & the wine :)

paint all the ceilings, put the dartboard up, do some replastering, and play the saxophone for a bit...

but of course, I don't have the time, or the energy.

Back