I'm not feeling the love here..

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I done a pattersbier a good few months ago and I didn't like it so I decided to leave it to gather dust like you do. Me thinking it'd mature and be spiffing but hey ho.. I done a bottle of the new guinnnes golden and it tastes the same. There's just that something that tastes at the higher to mid range of my pallet that thinks it's awful. Can't put my finger on it but the best way I'd say was a sharp malt. Tastes like un-hopped basic beer. For me a malt should be a base taste?
The last Amirillio hop one I done was brill but it was far too bitter and as I've mentioned in other posts, I like lighter bodied brews so I'm gonna do a brew with less grams's of hops at 60 min. I've read loads of award winning beers have been one this way

What I'm getting at is do I cut my losses and tip this pattersbier to free a corny?

I got the new or untried anyway armadillo hops. But I'm more swaying towards the kit I won from The Worcester hop shop. I sooo Wanna try these new hops but don't want to be disrespecful to WHS for giving me the chance to brew one of their fine kits..

I'm lucky my life is simple I suppose and this is all I have to worry about.. lol, far from it.

Well, hope you all had a good christmas and new year.

Cheers

Glyn

You could try a hop tea or dry hop in the paters bier, might overcome the over maltiness.

Latest posts

Back