I'm off to Bruges!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
't Brugs Beertje for me, with a beer menu of around 300 beers I always make sure we go whilst in Bruges.

I would also recommend the Haalve Maan Brewery and the Brugges Zot, I made a clone / tribute to over a year ago on my return after finding this brewery and I've just finished my 4th 5gal batch for Christmas..

http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=57464

Id also say go to the beer museum, nice way to spend a few hours in the afternoon and you get free drinks at the end !

Have Fun !!

LL

Public transport in that area is good, especially between the large cities. They also all speak English, so don´t be shy ;) If you want to go somewhere, go there. A round trip from Brugge (Bruges?) to the brussel area is about 25 euro per person, 2nd class. Bus is also not that expensive, but as it's 100 km from Brugge to Brussels it's better to take the train.

Which lambic place do you mean? Timmermans, Girardin, Boon and Cantillon are all in the Brussels area I think, but if you have transport it's definitely worth going to Cantillon at least, amazing brewery and world class beers. Their holiday opening hours are on their website.

Not sure, sure I herd there was one close to the train station??

Not sure, sure I herd there was one close to the train station??
Cantillon is about 10minutes walk from Brussels Midi. Well worth a visit.

All others are spread out in the countryside to the south and west of Brussels.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Public transport in that area is good, especially between the large cities. They also all speak English, so don´t be shy ;) If you want to go somewhere, go there. A round trip from Brugge (Bruges?) to the brussel area is about 25 euro per person, 2nd class. Bus is also not that expensive, but as it's 100 km from Brugge to Brussels it's better to take the train.

We're going on the euro star to Brussels, So was hoping to see a lambic brewery either at the start or end of the trip.
"Bruges" think might be the French spelling??

For a Belgium trip, can't recommend this book highly enough. Gives a good guide the the places to drink and the all important opening times, which can be a little random in Belgium.

ebd18780a83c05cc8b5a7edcfff6b8d8.jpg

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Last time I drove to Bruges, I went to Den Optimist for a few! Orval, Witkap and Delerium Tremens amongst my favourites. I'm heading over again in March to stock up :smile:

Don't forget to

Which lambic place do you mean? Timmermans, Girardin, Boon and Cantillon are all in the Brussels area I think, but if you have transport it's definitely worth going to Cantillon at least, amazing brewery and world class beers. Their holiday opening hours are on their website.

La becasse in brussels perhaps?

https://www.alabecasse.com/en/

better speak french there they can be a bit abrupt

Last time I drove to Bruge, I went to Den Optimist for a few! Orval, Witkap and Delerium Tremens amongst my favourites. I'm heading over again in March to stock up :smile:

Don't forget to

I'll be there in March too for a couple of days, so keeping a good eye on this thread.

We're going on the euro star to Brussels, So was hoping to see a lambic brewery either at the start or end of the trip.
"Bruges" think might be the French spelling??

Bruges is 70 miles north west of brussels

bruxelles is the french for brussels.

so if in brussels go to la becasse and the delerium cafe :-)

When in Brussels, hunt out this place. cafe-la-brocante Great selection of Gueuze and the daily flea market outside has a bewildering array of tat, including the odd bit of Belgian glassware.

In Brussels, I'd head either to Cantillon or one of the Moeder Lambic cafes.

If you're there on a Sunday, it's worth heading out to "In de Vezekering tegen de Grote Dorst" in Eizeringen a few miles south west of Brussels. It's only open for a few hours on Sundays, but has a pretty amazing list of geuze.

I found that to be true of a few places in Brussels, the staff in Delirium Cafe were particularly obnoxious.

when I asked for a frikandel I was quizzed... do you know what that is? - yes, i replied a really tasty meaty snank. He smiled with a look of relief - someone from the uk who knew what he was ordering :whistle:

'Je suis Gallois' usually helps the situation.

When I was in Amsterdam in the bols museum bar the bartender who served me was from liverpool, we had a right good natter!

If you order a frika(n)del you can get three different snacks; the dutch fried sausage version, indonesian minced meat fritter or the German squished meatball ;)

If you order a frika(n)del you can get three different snacks; the dutch fried sausage version, indonesian minced meat fritter or the German squished meatball ;)

I've only ever had the dutch fried sausage. dutch sausage over german meatball anyday :lol: bitterballen's are good too :grin:

Latest posts

Back