Introducing our French Oak Wine Barrels

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nobbie

Reaction score
Hi to Everyone,
We import Wine & Whiskey Barrels and would be interested in feedback on the use of these in the home brewing of beer.

Our core business is the making of furniture from newly retired French Oak Wine Barrels or Whiskey Barrels. Using “semi-retired” craftsmen in our small family-run Company they custom design quality indoor and outdoor furniture to exact specifications.

HOMEBREWING

The use of oak barrels in flavoring beer has enjoyed resurgence recently among some home brewers and some micro-breweries. Oak aged beer is rapidly growing in the craft beer market today.

I would welcome any thoughts, positive or negative, from The Homebrew Forum members for the using of oak barrels for the aging and flavouring of your beer.

Nobbie

Welcome! I've read quite a bit about using barrel chips for aging beer and wine.

I had been considering aging some 20% sugar wash in some whisky barrel chips or red wine barrel chips... But never got round to doing either :lol:

Latest posts

Back