ISP

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Could i ask members which ISP they are with, what package they are on and how much they pay.

I pay £29.46 for my TalkTalk FTTC package and the price is fixed for two years, i didn't shop around as i am happy with the service, are you paying less or more for yours?

Last edited:
I've been with BT for years and years. I know BT do not have the best reputation, but I've had zero issues so have just stick with them - but to be fair through various friends and work colleagues over the years moaning about issues with their ISP's it seems BT are not the only providers to have peed people off over the years. Things are now tied up with EE so I get a TV package off them too (was BT TV) so think my total monthly bill is around £80 a month (need to review actually), but I think I'm paying around £30 for the internet access element. I've not gone with the fastest service as I have no issues with the mid level speed package with multiple devices simultaneously streaming high definition content so how fast do you really need your connection to be? so avoiding the premium of the super fast speed.

I've been with BT for years and years. I know BT do not have the best reputation,

TalkTalk customer service had a bad reputation but like you i have had no problems with them and on the rare occasions i have needed to use them they were spot on.

I was with Plusnet for many years.
Went to upgrade to full fibre & at the time they couldn't offer anything competitive & would charge me a connection fee.

So went to Vodafone. It works, but I'm sure we get sporadic slow downs.

When this contract is up, I would consider a switch back to Plusnet if the price is competitive.

InternetTY.

1Gbit FTTP connection but I pay £33 for the 330MB up/down

£20 for the 100MB
£45 for the full gig connection I think.

Government paid for the installation as I’m in the middle of nowhere. Only thing I’ve ever had out of the buggers.

I've been with BT for years and years. I know BT do not have the best reputation, but I've had zero issues so have just stick with them - but to be fair through various friends and work colleagues over the years moaning about issues with their ISP's it seems BT are not the only providers to have peed people off over the years.
Me too.. My Internet only is about £25 per month. Not fibre.

1Gbit FTTP connection but I pay £33 for the 330MB up/down
£20 for the 100MB

That is a good price for the speed.

BT have finally sent a reply to my FTTP interest form saying FTTP is coming to our area but no mention of when.

BeFibre - Full fibre broadband, 720Mbps download and upload, paying £29 month and had the first 6 months half price. 24 month contract, I can't remember if those prices are fixed for the contract period or not.

A while ago,dunno exactly when we were with EE. The broadband was continually dropping out. I changed to BT. Pretty soon I had a call off BT saying my broadband had a fault and they would send an engineer to fix it. For the trouble they credited my account with £20 or so. Engineer came and was here for hours! Changed everything he could,box on the house,wires to the inside,even had another call round and they ran tests while shaking the cable from the post across the road incase that was faulty. He then said he had to go check the main cabinet which is a few hundred yards away and phoned on my mobile having found the fault. It all seems to be ok now. So,I can't fault the service so far. As for price it's £30ish...not completely sure!

Recently had FTTP in the area.
Been with bt for a few years stayed with them for the 500mb offer at £32 plus they apply £75 credit onto the account so brings it down a bit more. No installation costs. It was all straight forward, might be due to have good ducting put in when the house was built.

Can't say I have noticed the difference in speed but its cheaper rhan the deal I was on before.

Been waiting ages for chance to use the angry red face...

I have 12-15 mb/s. 😡
I had 10/0.9 before, then some little local company came a long using a government voucher scheme.

I was a few months in to a new contract I had taken out with Voda but they credited my account with the buy out cost.

Over Xmas I had a NAT issue (Xbox) I could not open and ports for some reason. I opened a ticket, 10 mins later the OWNER called me to apologise said it was due to some upgrade/CNAT technical blah blah, gave me a free static IP and fixed it in 1 minute. Had a good chin wag, cannot praise them enough.

https://www.internetty.uk/

Last edited:
I was with BT for years without problem. My contract was due to expire last December. Got a call in November from BT, long discussion, good deal on renewal promised. I had been paying £42 for 70/20 mbps, plus 400 hours free on landline.

Renewal details came through - £56 including 'halo'. Not what we agreed at all.

Phoned straight back to cancel - I still had over a month to decide what to do.

2 weeks later, I got a welcome to BT.... They hadnt cancelled.

Long story short, lots of phone calls followed, dealt with several very snotty people who insisted black was white.

Last week I went with gofibre fttp. Cheapest package - 100mb and unlimited calls - £36 fixed for 2 years. Disgusted with BT.

GoFibre only cover Borders and North Northumberland though.

I had 10/0.9 before, then some little local company came a long using a government voucher scheme.

I was a few months in to a new contract I had taken out with Voda but they credited my account with the buy out cost.

Over Xmas had a NAT issue (Xbox) I could not open and ports for some reason. I opened a ticket, 10 mins later the OWNER called my to apologise said it was due to some upgrade/CNAT technical blah blah, gave me a free static IP and fixed it in 1 minute. Had a good chin wag, cannot praise them enough.

We were due to have that 1gb for £20 via a company called We Fibre. They needed 100 households to register (free). They put most of the infrastructure in place before getting the grant for Gov. They then emailed to say project in my away is paused due to the grant process being reviewed. It turns out BT got annoyed with all the customers they were losing so said they would like some grants. They have done a massive marketing campaign to get people to sign up for their grant process, even the council is supporting them by advertising it. Poor We Fibre. I refused to sign up for a grant and Openreach installed mine for free. Its just BT pushing out the smaller companies.

* I am aware of some of these smaller companies going bust and leaving customers in the lurch (Not BT related).

Over Xmas had a NAT issue (Xbox) I could not open and ports for some reason. I opened a ticket, 10 mins later the OWNER called my to apologise said it was due to some upgrade/CNAT technical blah blah, gave me a free static IP and fixed it in 1 minute. Had a good chin wag, cannot praise them enough.

Thanks.
Tried it.
Their survey said "uh uh"

£40 with Virgin for 500Mbit internet only (no land-line TV etc. although I think we get a discount for having one Virgin mobile in the household)

Flawless full speed all of the time for the past 10 years or so.

The biggest improvement to the home network was the recent installation of a mesh router system taking the load off the virgin router as it's just set to modem mode now so no local network slowdown and crappy homeplug crashes.

Been waiting ages for chance to use the angry red face...
I have 12-15 mb/s. 😡

This is my speed and it rarely goes below this, i think its about the maximum you can get on a FTTC connection.

1705594537266.png

Latest posts

Back