It's been a week... Advice

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you put 1.5 carb drops per bottle, i normally put 1 drop in a 250/285 ml bottle and found that works well. Have used 333ml bottles with 1.5 drops and that was fine too. Doesn't sweeten the cider they are just for carbonating. I normally sweeten with Richies Sweetner 6 tsps per gallon.
I would leave them about 3 weeks before trying one, keep them in a warm but not hot place. It'll be worth the wait.
Hope they turn out great. 😎🥂

Did you put 1.5 carb drops per bottle, i normally put 1 drop in a 250/285 ml bottle and found that works well. Have used 333ml bottles with 1.5 drops and that was fine too. Doesn't sweeten the cider they are just for carbonating. I normally sweeten with Richies Sweetner 6 tsps per gallon.
I would leave them about 3 weeks before trying one, keep them in a warm but not hot place. It'll be worth the wait.
Hope they turn out great. 😎🥂
Thanks will have to get them out the cold garage in the morning then lol.

We managed to get lots of old grolsch & German swing top bottles that were 500ml.

Hoping they turn out ok there quite sour tasting atm. I don't suppose there's any point in opening them and back sweetening now?

I was recommended 100% Natural Erythritol 1 Kg (2.2 lb) Granulated Zero Calorie Sugar Replacement 100% Natural Erythritol 1 Kg (2.2 lb) Granulated Zero Calorie Sugar Replacement : Amazon.co.uk: Grocery

Last edited:
Warmer place would be a good idea, basically your fermenting in the bottle.
I would have put 2 drops per 500ml bottle, but 1.5 probably will be ok. As for taste they will mature in the bottle so try one every now and then and if they don't improve you can always sweeten a bit in the glass.
I've only ever used Ritchie's Sweetner but as long as it's non fermentable wil be ok. Have heard of Erythritol and think it's supposed to be very good but i have never used it.
Ok, just worked out some figures for liquid sweetner like the Richies.
4.5ltr = 4500 ml (1 gallon) = 9 x 500ml bottles.
1 tsp = 5 to 6ml so 30 to 36ml per gallon
Therefore you'd want to add 3.3ml to 4ml per bottle.( or glass) ( try to your own taste)
If you open the bottle you'd probably loose the carbonation so i would do it in the glass when you try one.
It's all a learning curve but lots of fun. Hope some of this helps.😎🥂

Warmer place would be a good idea, basically your fermenting in the bottle.
I would have put 2 drops per 500ml bottle, but 1.5 probably will be ok. As for taste they will mature in the bottle so try one every now and then and if they don't improve you can always sweeten a bit in the glass.
I've only ever used Ritchie's Sweetner but as long as it's non fermentable wil be ok. Have heard of Erythritol and think it's supposed to be very good but i have never used it.
Ok, just worked out some figures for liquid sweetner like the Richies.
4.5ltr = 4500 ml (1 gallon) = 9 x 500ml bottles.
1 tsp = 5 to 6ml so 30 to 36ml per gallon
Therefore you'd want to add 3.3ml to 4ml per bottle.( or glass) ( try to your own taste)
If you open the bottle you'd probably loose the carbonation so i would do it in the glass when you try one.
It's all a learning curve but lots of fun. Hope some of this helps.😎🥂
I'm trying to wait but my dad's impatient and is going to try one tonight 😂

I've ordered that sweetner and might nip aldi today to buy a carton of apple juice as well

Latest posts

Back