job interviews

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done mate!

Sainsburys is a good company to work for. we have a small ish sainsburys over the road from me and the manager is on a local facebook group, and if you want something that the store does not supply as long as it is available in the supply chain he will order it in I now have a local source for pop-tarts! :D he has brought in different beers before but I admit ive not got round to getting any yet.

iceo said:
Well iv just had a text

Congratulations! Sainsbury's wants to offer you a job. Call 0845 606 1025 for details. We're open until 7pm today. Your reference is

I think iv got the job

Told ya! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :cheers:

Well done fella, i hope what they offer you is what you need!

I juggled agency work and supporting kids for a long while and it eventually just dosn't stack up.

morethanworts said:
:clap: :clap: :clap:

A text, though? :wha:

thanks guys,

yes a text , dont like that but hey. iv made the call got induction days on the 2nd and 8th (9:30-6:30)
my working hours are sunday 6-10am, tuesday 5-9am and thursday 5-9am. part time permanent hours 12pw, £6.71ph.

From what I understand about Sainsburys, they are pretty good employers when you have a foot in the door. So I am sure they will increase/adjust your hours as and when you have settled in so that it suits your situation.

Well done again!

Well done. I worked 12 hrs/wk for them from around 1991-1998 and they were good to work for. I got moved to more challenging/fulfilling roles once I'd been in the door a while. I think they were the first company that dropped the term 'staff' in favour of 'colleages', which (although it's a bit naff) shows a certain amount of respect for the workforce. If the ethos has continued, then they will hopefully recognise a good worker. Best of luck. :thumb:

iceo said:
Titch said:
Awesome news. Well done that man.

just the man i wanted to see , how did you get on today?

interview went well
technically i was awesome even if i do say so myself. was getting 10/10 for all the technical stuff.

last question i asked at the interview was " do you think im suitable for the role ? im not asking you to offer me the job now, but am i suitable?"

ballsy question i know, but needed asking

he answered with the response i was expecting , he has concerns i would not be around long due to my education and experience.

so i countered with i am happy to work for a company that would allow progression and training. and after being abroad and away from the family for 16mths it would be nice to be only 30mins away from home.

but if unsuccessful on this position i would be happy to be put forward for any other jobs in the pipeline, that are yet to be sanctioned.

should know by the end of the week, the question i do not like to answer is the "how much were you looking for ?"
reply " the company will make me an offer based on what they think my skills are worth to them, i can bring a lot to the company."

so end of the week i should know if were playing.

Titch said:
so end of the week i should know if were playing.

i hope you get want your looking for.

i going to put my half alc youngs harvest bitter on tonight then hop it up and sweet orange peel next week . going for a school night brew

iceo said:
Well iv just had a text

Congratulations! Sainsbury's wants to offer you a job. Call 0845 606 1025 for details. We're open until 7pm today. Your reference is

I think iv got the job

Brilliant, that really is good news.

I hope it all works out OK for you, and having put your notice in you can start that bit earlier if they want you :D

[quote="TRXnMe"

Brilliant, that really is good news.

I hope it all works out OK for you, and having put your notice in you can start that bit earlier if they want you :D[/quote]

iv got 2 induction days before i start so i will know more then. i didnt have to give notice as i havent been there 3 months and didnt have a contact, but i gave them a week to replace me and wanted to leave on good terms as the staff and manger are ok its just the owner thats not the best, (he watches all on the store cameras if your not working to his liking then he calls the store to complain)

gl0ckage said:
Let's put it this way you earn more than me now and I'm a manager lol

Sorry to hear that , I hope intervoew tomorrow goes well then you will earn more that me I hope. Iv got to spend most if the day updating all the benefit people that I. Left one and starting at another last time i took 2 hours to just my wage details for last month but that's a small price to pay for set hours

Congratulations :hat: I've never worked zero hour contrcts before but I can imagine they are a headache with youngsters to feed. Onwards and upwards!!

Well I passed my 2 day induction . And start my shift in an hour or so .

Latest posts

Back