juice not from concentrate

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fran

Reaction score
i just bought asda 100% pure pressed red grape strawberry and kiwi juice 2litres of it

it contains

450 grapes
20 strawberries
2 kiwis
all pressed not from concentrate

will this be ok for 1 gallon of wine

Is this a pure pressed mixed juice or a juice drink?

Any mention of water or preservatives in the ingredients labelling?

My first thought is “throw in about 800g sugar and some yeasties”.

My second thought is “I pity the poor barsteward who has to count the grapes for every single carton”.

Hello Fran.

Where in Westhoughton are you? I'm in Hindley Green but previous to that lived in W/H. Perhaps we can swap some brew :cheers:

Steve

Moley said:
Is this a pure pressed mixed juice or a juice drink?

it is pure pressed

Moley said:
Any mention of water or preservatives in the ingredients labelling

nothing apart from fruit it is red grape 70% strawberry puree 20% kiwi fruit puree 10%
thats all it says in the ingredients

Moley said:
My first thought is “throw in about 800g sugar and some yeasties”.

should i also top up with water

Moley said:
My second thought is “I pity the poor barsteward who has to count the grapes for every single carton”.

i thought that when i was reading it :rofl:

thanks again moley you help me a lot and it is much appreciated

im in daisy hill on the pungle if you have heard of it (no doubt you have :oops: )

would love to swap some brew where abouts are you in hindley green i spent many years down there

Belvedere Farm........about 10 -15 mins walk from you.

I have nothing drinkable at the moment but should have soon: A Tesco Value frozen fruit wine :thumb: taste great but is still a bit rough.

Steve

nothing drinkable here yet either have loads on tho

is that the farm that got built around and was or is it the one where the cartrites lived

I think it is the one that got built around, I've lived around here for the last 20yr or so but don't know much about the area.
I'm from Great Lever in Bolton, but the wife is a Daisy Hillbilly through and through.
We got through Landedmans, Atherton, Daisy Hill and Westhoughton before we landed here..........now she want's to move back to Daisy Hill.

Steve

I have three Westhoughton Supermarket brews on at the moment.

From our Sainsbury the main flavourings are, a)Orange and Lime, b)Golden Grapefruit & c) Orange, Mango & Passion fruit. with...

White grape juice and sugar from the Lidl.

All with a few drops of Sainsbury Vanilla Essance, i'm trying to recreate a representation of a Californian Oaked Chardonnay :pray:

Wish me luck.

Steve

good luck m8
same supply as me its a pity that sainsburys dont do white grape i go to lidl for that as well but the sainsburry white grape and peach might make a good wine
i have

strawberry ribena and cranberry
strawberry ribena white grape and peach
wurzuls orange wine
red grape and cranberry
all those are fermenting and am just putting together a spitting feathers 7 day chardonnay 30 bottle kit coz the last one only lasted 2 week it got :drink: :lol: then ill put together the one mentioned in this post

fran said:
all those are fermenting and am just putting together a spitting feathers

I went in there a couple of weeks ago and heard the proprietor giving some bloke exactly the same sales pitch he had given me a few months previously.

'spose it must work, cos i went back :oops:

Steve

fran said:
i just bought asda 100% pure pressed red grape strawberry and kiwi juice 2litres of it

WARNING - This juice contains a loads of purée, and using 2 x bottles of it could cause real problems if it goes straight into a DJ, rather than into a covered bucket for several days then straining into a DJ, or it'll foam out your airlock.

I've made a few galls a couple of months ago using one of these bottles (thought 2 would be overdoing the strawberry for my liking, and even one was a bit of a challenge keeping the purée out the airlock) together with various combinations of carton blueberry, carton cranberry and at least 500ml blackcurrant high juice in each gall.

Almost ready for a taste. If it tastes too kiwi'ish I'm going to mix it 50:50 with the Don Simon red grape (60%), strawberry (20%) & orange carton juice (20%) that was about 65p/litre on special at Asda some time back, but again I'll only use 1 litre of the mix to avoid overdoing both the strawberry flavour and keep the volume of purée down.

thanks david i read your reply a little too late but luckily i had some wurzels on a tray in the airing cuboard and put this on the tray as well now the tray is full of the stuff and luckily not the bedding underneath that shelf :thumb:
ill look out for puree in future now i know what it does

cheers m8

I made a WoW with the strawberry and kiwi pressed juice - it kicked up a lot of fruit sediment (so much that I only got five bottles out of a gallon DJ) but was far too good to drink - you're on to a winner there!

Latest posts

Back