Just checking

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waynes World

Reaction score
Its getting there i think, first i will tell you the ingredients

All in DJ`s
3l AJ, 250ml stromg tea, 1tsp yeast and 1/2 wine glass standard sugar.
Left for 5 days then topped up with 1l AJ and 1/2l Robinspns strawberry concentrate, this was in 2 DJ`s and 3 with just AJ. The OG was 1.056

Now after 7 days i have checked it and still bubbling off and the gravity is to .098, i think it is .098 as it sits with the notch on the Hyd on line above the 1.
I work out that to be 9.98%ABV , sounds a lot so have i read the HYD correctly, i used an online calc to work it out.

I plan to let it sit untill i near stops bubbling then bottle (2l) with 2 tsp on sugar to give the fizz, sit to warm for 2 weeks then leave cold for min 2 weeks.

The strawberry taste great but the apple is a bit tart.

Does all this sound ok?

I have just done another tub of 25l in the same way but i think i will be adding robinsons again to this:thumb:

wolly:thumb:

4l AJ is around 420g sugar
Half a wineglass around 150g

For nearly 10% you need 900g - maybe a little less

Does half a litre of the Robinsons have 330g? The bottle of doublesquash I have is only 105g per half litre

Maybe that juice has a bit more sugar than most, and you have big wineglasses!

From your description it sounds like your gravity is 0.998

The main divisions are in tens, so 1.010, 1.000 and 0.990
Sub-divisions are usually in twos.

So Moley it sounds more like it at 7.6%, thanks kida.

Hi Old Bloke, with Moleys workings it sounds more like as it should i think, i dont knnow the sugar in the robinsons, i have, well had all details of the ingrediants and measures untill a certain lady moved it to the unkown black hole.
I wanted to do this one all in the know aswell, oh well atleast it tastes good already. I will give it untill it settles then bottle.

Latest posts

Back