Just stop oil

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lock them up for disrupting events but not for protesting.

• Yes.

• No.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I meant for storing at home but to play devils advocate are you really that sad that you care that some dick head find your planet friendly means of transport amusing?
It could be the only transport we can use in the future when we overpopulate the UK and all have to live crammed into tiny shoe boxes.

This type of bike has its uses:
They are made for rail/commute & also useful if you live in a campervan or boat with minimal storage space.

This type of bike has its uses:
They are made for rail/commute & also useful if you live in a campervan or boat with minimal storage space.

Glad someone here got it i didn't mean we should all run out and buy a foldable bike. ;)

For those that do care about what people think of their bike.

Husqvarna's Best eBike Yet? | 2024 MC6​

Last edited:
Five people have been arrested after a protest halted the Men's Elite Road Race at the UCI Cycling World Championships in Scotland.

The event was paused with just over 190km (118 miles) of the 271km (168 miles) remaining, with the Edinburgh to Glasgow route blocked west of Falkirk.
The demonstration took place on a narrow stretch of the B818 near the Carron Valley Reservoir.
Police said five people were arrested after the protesters were removed.
Environmental group This Is Rigged claimed responsibility for the demonstration and said four of its activists were involved.
It was reported that protesters glued themselves to the road.
The race was paused for about 50 minutes before restarting.

Who are "This is rigged" Climate activists spray Scottish Parliament building with red paint in oil protest

Full article - Five arrested as protest halts elite UCI cycling race

1691324616784.png

1691324632321.png

1691324647994.png

Five people have been arrested after a protest halted the Men's Elite Road Race at the UCI Cycling World Championships in Scotland.

The event was paused with just over 190km (118 miles) of the 271km (168 miles) remaining, with the Edinburgh to Glasgow route blocked west of Falkirk.
The demonstration took place on a narrow stretch of the B818 near the Carron Valley Reservoir.
Police said five people were arrested after the protesters were removed.
Environmental group This Is Rigged claimed responsibility for the demonstration and said four of its activists were involved.
It was reported that protesters glued themselves to the road.
The race was paused for about 50 minutes before restarting.

Who are "This is rigged" Climate activists spray Scottish Parliament building with red paint in oil protest

Full article - Five arrested as protest halts elite UCI cycling race

View attachment 88641

View attachment 88642

View attachment 88643
The full power of the law needs to be used on these protesters. They keep saying some can be jailed well lets jail them and seize their assets to pay for the disruption and cost lost at events also the policing/firebrigade and ambulance use which is costing £000's.

The full power of the law needs to be used on these protesters. They keep saying some can be jailed well lets jail them and seize their assets to pay for the disruption and cost lost at events also the policing/firebrigade and ambulance use which is costing £000's.
Actually I think the police should turn a blind eye (due to cost / manpower) & declare that the people being inconvenienced are free to deal with them within reason.

Actually I think the police should turn a blind eye (due to cost / manpower) & declare that the people being inconvenienced are free to deal with them within reason.

I have a feeling that wouldn't end well and it would end with more police needed.

I meant for storing at home but to play devils advocate why would you give a flying **** what some dick head thinks of your planet friendly means of transport?

BTW this was to demonstrate how low the cost of a folding electric cycle is now at £799 it would pay for itself in no time if you have a "dirty" car and have to pay to travel in the city.
I love the mag style alloy wheels! No Broken or loose spokes. A folder is a pita IMO you have to fold it you take the battery out to recharge or recharge on the bike which for me would need to charge in the house so that's not a starter.

1691354290835.png

These are cheap entry level ****. I discounted every e-bike I looked at that had these. i've test driven 2 e-bikes with these and hated the gear changing. for someone who likes to pedal and will use the mechanical gears not just the electrical ones these shifters suck. I have microshift on my ebike much better. So I can add power to the electic motor much more seemlessly. avoid unless you intend to let the leccy motor do most of your pedaling.

avoid unless you intend to let the leccy motor do most of your pedaling.

That was the reason I posted about electric bikes, if you don't want to turn up at work sweating like a pig because you have no showers or are not fit enough an E bike is a solution not pedalling is the big plus here.

Last edited:
That was the reason I posted about electric bikes, if you don't want to turn up at work sweating like a pig because you have no showers or are not fit enough an E bike is a solution not pedalling is the big plus here.
agreed - if you do want a workout with the same bike those gear shifters are pants. I have both been sweating like a pig and as dry as a bone in the desert depending on the reason for cycling on the e-bike. I also have a pushbike but I find an e-bike workout seems to work on different muscles 🤔

BTW....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-66442599
we appear to be moving away from travelling full stop, be it private transport or public. Now this is a dangerous situation. lots of constraints being introduced on the population, but as long as they are spread out no-one will notice... hmmmm... Increased cost of private transport same time as reduced public transport. 20 mph across lots of welsh roads. ulez.... it's not difficult to see the public are being squeezed from ALL angles. But by who?

agreed - if you do want a workout with the same bike those gear shifters are pants. I have both been sweating like a pig and as dry as a bone in the desert depending on the reason for cycling on the e-bike. I also have a pushbike but I find an e-bike workout seems to work on different muscles 🤔

BTW....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-66442599
we appear to be moving away from travelling full stop, be it private transport or public. Now this is a dangerous situation. lots of constraints being introduced on the population, but as long as they are spread out no-one will notice... hmmmm... Increased cost of private transport same time as reduced public transport. 20 mph across lots of welsh roads. ulez.... it's not difficult to see the public are being squeezed from ALL angles. But by who?
Probably the Illuminati or lizard people.
Combined with reverse vampires

I find it hard to believe that new laws were needed to stop a small handful of people from standing in the road blocking traffic, emergency vehicles and thousands of members of the public for hours 🤦

problem-reaction-solution again

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...oil-protest-first-use-powers-public-order-act

Met uses new anti-protest powers to arrest climate protesters for first time​

Force makes first use of section 7 of Public Order Act to curtail slow march protest outside parliament

Police have arrested more than 60 climate activists taking part in a slow march outside parliament in the first use of draconian new anti-protest powers.
The Metropolitan police used section 7 of the Public Order Act 2023, which bans any act “which interferes with the use or operation of any key national infrastructure in England and Wales”, to order an immediate end to a Just Stop Oil protest on Monday morning.
After forming a line and attempting to direct protesters off the road, police began making arrests, according to Just Stop Oil. Pictures and video circulated by the campaign showed officers kneeling on and handcuffing protesters, and carrying them into waiting police vans.

A spokesperson for Just Stop Oil said the campaign would not be deterred by the police’s response, and its supporters would continue until its demand – a moratorium on new oil and gas licences – was met.
“Just Stop Oil supporters are willing to slow march to the point of arrest today and every day until the police take action to prosecute the real criminals – the people who are facilitating new oil and gas when they know that to do so will kill hundreds of millions of people,” the spokesperson said.
Just Stop Oil said 65 of its supporters began marching in the road circling Parliament Square at 10am. “At 10:10am, a number of Metropolitan police arrived and began pushing the Just Stop Oil supporters back and forming a chain across the road,” the campaign said in a statement.

A spokesperson for Just Stop Oil said the campaign would not be deterred by the police’s response, and its supporters would continue until its demand – a moratorium on new oil and gas licences – was met.
“Just Stop Oil supporters are willing to slow march to the point of arrest today and every day until the police take action to prosecute the real criminals – the people who are facilitating new oil and gas when they know that to do so will kill hundreds of millions of people,” the spokesperson said.
Just Stop Oil said 65 of its supporters began marching in the road circling Parliament Square at 10am. “At 10:10am, a number of Metropolitan police arrived and began pushing the Just Stop Oil supporters back and forming a chain across the road,” the campaign said in a statement.

Netpol, which monitors protest policing, wrote on X: “Earlier this year the Met relied on powers to impose ‘conditions on public assemblies’ but now is opting for the new offence under the Public Order Act 2023 of ‘interference with use or operation of key national infrastructure’ (ie the road network).
“This may not seem immediately obvious: but if you decide to protest on public highways without prior permission, then police may arrest you for interfering with ‘key national infrastructure’. Not every time – but more likely if you’re part of a group seen as ‘aggravated activists’.
“This will immediately shut down a protest and criminalise everyone involved. That is what makes these new offences so repressive.”

Jun Pang, the policy and campaigns officer at rights group Liberty, said: “The use of this new power is a dangerous escalation of the attack on the right to protest, with protesters potentially facing up to a year in prison for standing up for what they believe in.

”We all have the right to make our voices heard on issues that matter to us, but these arrests are a clear attempt to criminalise people for exercising that right. The government, in passing these new laws, has tried to make it even harder for the public to stand up to power. Protest is a fundamental right, not a gift from the state.”

I find it hard to believe that new laws were needed to stop a small handful of people from standing in the road blocking traffic, emergency vehicles and thousands of members of the public for hours 🤦

problem-reaction-solution again

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...oil-protest-first-use-powers-public-order-act

Me too. I thought we already had a law for this called "causing and obstruction". But, alas, it appears if the people causing the obstruction are holding a banner of some sort its fine :(

There must have been some loopholes in the old law as making a new one when the old one covers it makes no sense.

Latest posts

Back