Keezer Collar Questions

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graham Otter

Reaction score
Hi folks,

My first post on here so please be gentle

I'm going to start making a Keezer soon and just wondered if using silicone is really strong enough to hold the collar in place or should I use something else. S few videos I've watched indicate it is good enough but thought I'd ask the forum for others experiences

Happy brewing

I leave mine loose. Makes it much easier changing kegs and cleaning it as I can reach down to the bottom and can shift the collar (with taps and hoses all connected) to the side to get better access.

I plan to add some brackets inside which can be rotated, so when the collar is in place I can rotate the brackets up to hold it in solid, then rotate horizontal to move the collar when needed.

I didnt even put the lid hinges back on, the lid just lifts off. For normal use it all stays in place fine, its only if it gets knocked that it moves. Brackets in each corner should solve this.

Same questions guys, collecting freezer on Monday, how did you attached the collar? Apart from gorilla glue, any special silicone?
Clear silicone is enough to attach it to the freezer, regarding the mitre/butt joints of the wood. Wood glue and panel pins for me.

Latest posts

Back