Keezer project

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidHatton

Reaction score
Managed to pick up a free chest freezer from my good mate, his mom was getting rid after a new fridge freezer purchase.
As it going in the spare room upstairs, this makes more sense than the 6ft larder fridge I had seen locally cheap. SWMBO would have gone mad if that turned up :laugh8: been used but still had the clear plastic protector on.

Keezer.jpg

internal dimensions are 45.5cm x 45.5 cm and 2 of my kegs together are 46 cm, might give the corny keg rubber a bit of a slim down.

More pics and updates to follow.....

Design wise I am in two minds, keep it looking glossy silver or build a wooden frame around it, made the collar out of some left over malm drawer fronts. Will coat them in some adhesive vinyl from wilko's already bought it and it looks good, slightly lighter in colour but gives a nice contrast, as soon as I have drilled and mounted the coller will add a few more pics.

A little bit of progress, drilled for two taps and glued the collar to the freezer, as previously mentioned I used 4 malm drawer fronts from a set that was left in the new house the carcass was busted so saved the drawer fronts.

Keezer drilled collar.jpg

Keezer glued and drilled.jpg

As you can see from the image the malm fronts have an inward angled shape and just by chance the freezer lid seal has an exact shape, result! once its all bonded, I will line the front face with some wood or card to help the glossy vinyl stick. should be running by the weekend in a very basic form, only one keg filled so no need for a gas manifold yet.

As a happy bonus one of my new work mates gave me this that he was gifted when his local closed in 2017, cleaned and rewired and working.

guinness.jpg

Well after a few hours today of drilling and cutting, the first design is completed.
Not sure if it will get a facelift in the near future or I will just build it into a bar but it's pulling and pouring well, time for a wilko's stout!

here are some images to see how I made it versitile for both hand pull and tap pours.
The hand pull is removable.

Keezer HBF 1.jpg

Keezer HBF.jpg

Cheers!! :beer1:

Latest posts

Back