Keg disconnect o-rings

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomB88

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get the flat o-rings of the correct size for keg disconnects, please? I mean the ones that are on the bit that unscrews from the top of the disconnect.

I bought some used kegs that came with a bunch of CMB disconnects which unfortunately, along with the kegs, are pretty horrid. I think the previous owner gave up brewing some years ago and left the equipment unwashed, so new seals all round.

Anyway, I have found that a 10mm ID 2mm thick o-ring does the job, but would prefer a flat o-ring so the top sits flush (it is just proud using a 2mm thick ring and I am hesitant about using a 1.5mm thick)

Any assistance gratefully received.

Tom

Try Jonny at BKT. Sure I had a couple of spare O rings that came with my corny set up from there. Great service.

Thanks, I'll give him a bell tomorrow.

Can't see them listed on his site but perhaps he will know where to get them.

I am surprised that there are not disconnect o-ring packs available, but perhaps the disconnects tend to wear faster than it takes an o-ring to degrade.

Thanks Gerryjo, they only have the orings for the lid.

I need the one that goes here... 16177322010032305367690824456376.jpg

I know the o-ring that you mean and hope somebody has the answer, I had a leaky gas disconnect a bit ago that was because the o-ring had split, like you I have seen o-ring packs that cover every seal on a corny keg but none to replace the one in the disconnect

If you are really struggling buy one of the O ring sets from Screwfix £14.99. I think they are nitrile which I think? is food safe. I am sure you will get one to fit and there are many other uses for them> use them on my dishwasher seal when the trays are pushed in

I know the o-ring that you mean and hope somebody has the answer, I had a leaky gas disconnect a bit ago that was because the o-ring had split, like you I have seen o-ring packs that cover every seal on a corny keg but none to replace the one in the disconnect

They will be available from somewhere... They must be otherwise they wouldn't be in the disconnect. It's just finding some.

If you are really struggling buy one of the O ring sets from Screwfix £14.99. I think they are nitrile which I think? is food safe. I am sure you will get one to fit and there are many other uses for them> use them on my dishwasher seal when the trays are pushed in

Thanks, I have one of those sets, but they don't include flat o-rings.

Latest posts

Back