Kegerator foam Help

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might be a silly question but is the keg new and is this the first time you've used it?
I bought 2 refurbished kegs many moons ago and suffered mostly foam after just a couple of pints from one of them.
Turned out I had a pin hole on the beer out dip tube just below the fill level. As soon as the beer got to the hole I started getting glasses of foam

Cheers. Tom

Just a quick update,

soupdragon, i purchased these kegs about a year ago brand new.

I have just finished carbonating two fresh kegs at 10psi and all foam again at 12psi serving pressure so i have turned it down to about 4-5psi and after letting the c02 out of the keg i can now get a decent pour. The next question is if i leave it at 4psi to get a good pour will the beer eventually go flat because of the low psi.

I'm also suffering with this. I don't think the hot weather is helping.

My question is how long is too long for lines? What happens when you add too much?

My regulator is set at 12 psi and 3/16 line length is around 4 foot, beer is stored at 12⁰c, pours fine. Not sure how long a line you can get away with but it's all about balancing the pressure in the keg or something. I'd imagine if you had a 20 foot line at 12 psi you'd barely get a dribble out of the tap

Cheers Tom

Back