Kegerator fan question

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys

I have a couple of questions regarding my kegerator fan please.

1. Does my fan need to be on all the time, ie to keep my temperature consistent throughout?
  2. If no, do I need to put it on before I pour a beer, to cool the lines down a bit?
Trying to get the best out of it so any advice appreciated.

Yes, if you have a fan then it should be on all the time as it helps even out the temperature throughout the kegerator. Otherwise you can find one keg might be warmer than another depending upon their positioning. It will also keep the beer lines and (if you have them) tap shanks cold and ready to pour.

If the noise bothers you then the fan only needs to be very low speed fan just to keep air moving. I use a variable speed 120mm computer fan in my keezer and it's set to its slowest speed, which is silent.

Thought it was to blow cold air up the font to keep the beer lines cool. I don’t bother as I have mine hooked upto remote taps rather than font mounted taps, but I guess removing the hose attachment to enable air recirculating would be beneficial.

Do you find you can’t fit 4 kegs in it? Not sure if different branded kegs have different diameters but I can’t fit 4 kegs in mine. I can fit three but have to use a 9litre keg perched on the narrow shelf at the back.

Mines a kegland kegarator x which supposedly should be able to fit four kegs but when you try to squeeze the 4th keg in you can’t close the door. Normally I use 9litre kegs so can sit on on the shelf so no probs really.

If the fan is just to cool a tap tower then you could turn it off when you’re not going to be pouring beer soon.

You’d want to turn it on quite a while before you pour though to get everything cold.

Personally I’d just leave it on.

Latest posts

Back