Kegs in the garage

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrfrosty

Reaction score
I normally keep my kegs in the house for a week after transferring from FV with added sugar for secondary fermentation, then transfer to the garage to settle and condition. The process has worked great for me all year, but the last couple of kegs through this cold winter have needed help with a bit of CO2 to get it out of the barrel. Is it just me? Or does everyone else have the same experience? They still taste great just a little flat and headless!

The garage in the new house I've moved to does get very cold at the moment with one thing and another.

Thanks Rob

I keep my kegs in the kitchen, not a great fan of cold beer as I like to taste all that's going!
In your cold garage, your conditioning will be much slower + the beer will absorb a lot more of your CO2.
Let it come in out of the cold. :)

thanks for that, just as i expected. Think its going to be hard to get that passed by SWMBO :cry: Maybe i should just bring it in and see if she notices?? :whistle:

Rob

Latest posts

Back